Diet Help!

Hi guys,

I have been keeping calorie and carb count relatively low around 1600kcal a day with 70-80g carbs and protein high. I've been working out 6x a week but my birthday was last weekend and I broke my streak and gained 1.5kg by the end of the weekend. After getting back on track on Monday, I realized I gained another 0.5kg again despite eating my normal diet. This set me back an entire month. Any advice or explanation? I can definitely see my abs smoothing out.

Thanks

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    This set me back an entire month..... I can definitely see my abs smoothing out.
    Then how is it a setback? :tongue:

Seriously, one day or even a weekend doesn't undo an entire month's progress. Water retention from what you ate or drank over the weekend could be a factor, or if you got back to working out or did a really hard workout on Monday. You didn't gain 2 kg of fat over a weekend, for sure.

Just stick with it, realize that daily weight fluctuations are totally normal, and be patient. Also, take your measurements regularly if you're not already. The tape measure is more accurate than the scale.
  • When I mentioned my abs smoothing out it meant it was less defined than it was before. I know some of it might be water weight but after getting back on track shouldn't that water be flushed off reli quickly?