Waist Smaller When I Don't Exercise?

Options
Hey there. So this is pretty much exactly what it says on tin. Lately I've noticed that my waist tends to be smaller the days after I skipped exercising than on the days I do. Sometimes even by half an inch. I have no idea why this is happening. At first I thought my measurements were wrong, but I checked and rechecked for what seemed like a hundred times and it was always the same. My weight drops too. I always eat the same amount of calories, so I'm not sure if that would be a factor. It's usually between 1600 and 1700. I know it doesn't matter a whole lot, but it's just kind of confusing to me why my waist would get so much smaller just from not exercising. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it would happen?

Replies

• mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    After a work out your body retains water to repair "damaged" muscles. When your weight drops it's because your body is free from all the retained water and the stuff you worked off. Or so that has been my observation with my own body :)
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Muscles become enlarged during exercise & as a result body weight increases..
  • weightlossyay123
    weightlossyay123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's just that my muscles get larger during exercise. It seems like I can skip my workout for multiple days, almost a week when I was sick, and not add on anything. Even lose some weight or and inch. But as soon as I start working out again, my weight goes up. Besides, I measure myself before I start my exercise. I don't really do a whole lot of strength anyway. :/ I've entertained the idea that I wasn't eating enough, but honestly I don't think that could be it. I only burn a few hundred anyway, and I don't see how that could make a difference. Oh well. I'm probably just overthinking the whole thing. Thanks for the replies. :)