how to keep negatives away

Options
Its gonna kind of a confession. I have always been overweight after I hit puberty though as I child I was underweight. I used to love food.. especially rice and potatoes.. and used to eat loads of it.. I kept on gaining weight like crazy.. at one point I was gaining 0.5 kgs per week. Then when I started growing up a little I became conscious of my body.. went into depression.. started exercizing.. lost a few kgs.. and again fell off the wagon.. these kept on happening.. then a year back I moved out of my parents place and moved to a new city and a new job.. and things changed.. new kinds of food.. it made me maintain my weight if not lose any... then again I started putting on.. eating out a lot was the problem.. it was around a month back I weight myself and saw I have hit 60.5kgs .. my all time high... atleast the times when I had guts to weigh myself.. thats when I decided to try again..

So I thought cleansing diet will be a good start before a healthy weight loss routine so I started the GM diet... I coudnt follow through and I cheated now and then and gave up on 6th day.. I was so close.. I know.. but i lose 2 kgs in that week. Then I installed a app in my ph to track my exercise and calories.. called noom.. and i lost 1 more kg nxt week... then i found MFP and heard so many good reviews.. I switched to MFP.. but my weight loss slowed down.. I panicked.. I was doing everything same.. and yet I didnt lose for 2-3 weeks.. but m trying to keep myself motivated.. and finally i lost 1 kg more last week.. I hope this time I stay motivated and pull all the way through..

To anyone who actually reads this.. thanks a lot for putting up with my ranting.. :)

Replies

• JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Great that you're tracking your calories.

Weight loss is not a sprint but a marathon.

My biggest advice would be that you need to make changes in your life otherwise you will never lose weight.

Eat cleaner and healthier. Now and again have a cheat but just don't go overboard.

You will hit n point where you see great results physically and you will know that if you eat bad you will ruin all of your hard work.
  • Trisha_Williams
    Trisha_Williams Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    You get rid of negatives by multiplying it by another negative.