Weight loss and fat biting advice

Options
Just wondering whats the best way to loose weight and burn fat and also doing some strength work like barbell complexes at the moment I have lost weight but I put a bit on but I am loosing it again slowly but I'm not sure what to do now cause I wanna keep loosing te weight. One thing I have noticed I lost around my legs an waist though

Replies

• JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Sounds great...Keep up the good work

Best advice you will ever hear: Eat clean and train dirty!

Keep eating clean and stick to your allocated calories. Not over and not under if possible, as close to the goal as possible.

You might pick up some weight which could be associated to your exercising which is adding muscle. This will mean that by the time you have lost the weight you wanted to then you will be nice and toned with nice lines as your body will have lean muscle mass on.

Dont be scared of weight training and good luck!
  • eslonlineteacherguy
    Options
    JcMey is right, 80% of the way we look begins in the kitchen. Eat clean! Eat broccoli and hot peppers to burn fat. Most workout programs have suggested diets, use them for a guide or follow them, whichever you prefer. Another way to lose weight is eat anything you want, but modestly, and workout. I never eat back my calories. Mixed thoughts about that. I lost 25 lbs in 8 weeks and feel great with so much more energy.

Good luck!
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    My advise would be to calculate your TDEE, subtract 20% from those calories and eat that set amount (using this method you don't eat your exercise calories back as you enter your exercise level in the calculations).

Yes, you can eat clean and you will have wonderful results. But to lose weight it's not the only way. You might be able to stick to that way of eating forever, but personally I like a bit of chocolate or to be able to go to pizza hut every now and again and have more than just salad.

I'm not saying just stuff your face with anything you like, but treats can be enjoyed and still lose weight. Just aim higher on protein than the goal MFP gives you.

Find some exercise you like and stick with it. I recently started Zumba and love it. I aim to do two days of cardio and two days or weights / body weight work outs.

And finally, be patient. Hardest part of losing weight in my opinion lol. We all want to be at goal by next month but losing weight healthily is a slow progress, just keep with it and the weight will come off. Good luck x
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Good advice above.

BB complexes are an awesome way of burning fat and getting fit.
  • BeardedMike
    BeardedMike Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree with the others. Losing weight is mainly about your diet. What you eating and how much of protein/carbs/fats you consume are some of the things to focus on first. Don't get crazy but try to keep your ratio to about 40:30:40. The numbers are a very rough estimate, there are lots of different views on that.

I will mostly eat back my exercise calories, but its all about what works for you. There is no one good way, talk to everyone, try things out and your body (and the scales) will tell you what works.

Oh and exercise, a lot, cause it awesome. I highly recommend and personal trainer for a few sessions, if not all the time.

Good luck and enjoy