• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Wine. Le sigh.

tumblr_mqxf8qlKAh1sooqv2o1_400.gif
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I love wine, too. I still drink it--- sometimes a lot of it :wink: --- but when I'm being mindful, I try to give myself a 1-2 drink limit. If I want a glass to wind down after work, I'll just pour a glass when I come home, drink while cooking dinner, & then cut myself off (so I don't keep drinking throughout dinner; I'll just have water)
  • Trying to find more friends on MFP! I have lost 53 pounds and I want to lose 40 more. I want to encourage others and find
    members that can inspire me to keep up what I have been doing so far. Feel free to add me!
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    ..... me too, and as long as I'm within my calorie count I deal with it. One or two glasses of red is good with me.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no reason to quit. I drink alcohol on a regular basis and as long as I'm mindful, it doesn't hamper my weight. I do try to stay away from really high calorie drinks, like beer or fancy, mixed cocktails. But only on a regular basis. I still have them from time to time.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Cliffy and I'm a wine *kitten*:drinker: :blushing:
  • Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Me too! I do zumba for about 50 minutes 4-5 times a week. Those days I can easily fit two 8 oz glasses of wine (12-13% alcohol) in to my calories without going over :)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    oh wait I'm doing it wrong - I've been measuring my wine servings by the bottle not the ounce =/
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person who was surprised at how few calories are in wine? I mean red wine at least, I can drink an entire bottle of wine and have a pretty good buzz for the same amount of calories as like 2-3 beers. Just drink it, but drink it in reason and if you want a glass, go workout so you can have one. Problem solved.

Yes I always imagined wine was much higher in calories than it is! I do drink a lot less than I did before MFP - I gave it up altogether for a while, then gradually started to realise I could fit in a glass now and again. I couldn't give it up totally for ever though - no way!
  • laura13159
    Options
    I love my wine too! For me, as with several others, exercize is the key. If I burn 600 calories I have no problem drinking 3 glasses of wine. I really look forward to having them at the end of a hard day.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Damn. And I wasn't going to have any wine until I read this!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options

I'm also doing a 10k chocolate run in November :smile:

I am imaging running through a river of chocolate 10K long. Oh what an image, thanks for that.
  • NaughtyinCali
    Options
    Thank goodness, Im not the only one! Everyone seems so health conscious on here, I was starting to think that Im the only one that really looks forward to their glass (or two) of wine at the end of the day. Reds are my favorite so I just make sure I have calories left at the end of the day for it.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    winos ,,, add me!
  • dearb1
    dearb1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my wine! Just like someone else mentioned more than my food! Tonight was my last beautiful glass of Kanonkop! I'm not drinking for 1 mth! It is going to be a huge challenge for me! It is amazing how additive it is!
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I split a bottle of wine with my husband most evenings. It fits into my calories and I keep losing. There are many things I am more willing to give up and I eat healthier (ie: more nutritional dense - lower calorie) foods because of it.

Cheers.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

I am imaging running through a river of chocolate 10K long. Oh what an image, thanks for that.

Haha - that's quite an image! All the chocolate is at the finish line - Ghirardelli hot chocolate, chocolate scones and a chocolate fondue fountain. Got to have motiviation to run 10k!
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    YUM WINE!!!!!
    I live in a very small town and we just had a wine place open up in our town last year - its very cute - they do wine tastings and such - on Fridays they make wine slushies - they take all the left over bottles of wine from the tastings during the week and mix it to make slushine - SOOO GOOOD!!! I wish they would let me bring a to go cup so I can get one while I am walking my dog!

I am a fan of the sweet wines... Roscoto, Moscato Di Asti and Riesling are my favs... I feel like an adult because I have an appreciation for wine - but still feel not so adultish because I like the sweet stuff...

Wine is good!
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

I AM ALSO DOING A HOT CHOC RUN IN NOV... IN CHICAGO
  • hulamedulla
    hulamedulla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yay! I have found my people! ;)

So glad to hear that as long as I exercise and fit the wine calories into my daily allotment I will still lose weight.

:drinker: