Critique my lifting routine :)

Options
2»

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I know you aren't looking for a split routine, but maybe try doing the nrol routine. I love the first stage and it did a lot for my weight loss and more importantly inch loss. Check out the interval training he lays out in the book too. I just switched to strong lifts this week, which is also a great beginner routine, it is also a split, but it's only 3 exercises a workout with squats every day.

Have you tried foam rolling for your calves? I started using one and it helped a lot, so did finding better shoes.

I haven't - I've tried massage but it basically did nothing. I've had other people suggest foam rollers though. I haven't really looked into stronglifts much, but it might be a good option, especially with only 3 exercises a workout (a lot of the routines I've been reading about have 8-10, plus warm ups).
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I am by no means an expert, still trying to figure this all out myself, but I would like to agree with others that deadlifts 3x a week may not be sustainable, and I would also add an upper body pull movement somewhere (pull ups, rows, etc.)