Need ideas for beef braciole cuts of beef...

Options
hsmaldo
hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
I'm trying to think of something for dinner. I have 4 cuts of beef for braciole--I have NO idea what braciole is (or if I'm even spelling it right...spell check is saying no, but only offering "bracelet" as the correct spelling!!)...I've never had it and all I can find when I look online for recipes are things that call for bread crumbs, cheese and tomato sauce. Not exactly what I'm looking for...

I want something that is of a little lighter fare...while the days have been getting cooler, I'm not ready to venture into comfort food territory of all that the traditional braciole recipes seem to call for.

So basically what I have are 4 pieces of thin sliced beef. And I'm trying to think of what would go well with it while being flavorful and healthy and easy to find. While the farm stands have corn and squash and other things, I don't know that they'll have collard greens at this point in the season so I'll have to venture to the grocery store.

But here's what I was thinking...sautéing the beef with garlic, onions, onion salt, garlic salt and maybe Montreal steak seasoning and the collard greens. I could serve it on a small portion of whole wheat pasta...

What do you all think? Are there any other veggies I could throw in there to enhance flavors? We're not into hot/spicy foods, but maybe a red pepper?

I'd LOVE if anyone had ideas or suggestions! (Or even the correct definition/spelling of braciole!!)

Thanks all!

Replies

• hsmaldo
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe for traditional braciole....

Anybody have any other ideas for NON-TRADITIONAL uses for the cut of beef??
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Make a mini falsomagro
  • hsmaldo
    Options

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for that...cause I hadn't met my quota for meeting sarcastic/unhelpful posters for the day yet. Now I'm one closer to that goal.
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Lessee...You could a Mongolian grill style...marinate with soy sauce and pineapple juice (or orange if you want it a bit sweeter) and season with garlic and chili flakes. Sear it on a rocket hot grill or skillet on both sides for a minute. Slice on the bias into long thin strips and serve with skinny fried rice and/or stir fry veggies.

If it is very lean, you will need to cook it over very high heat and very quickly. If it is nicely marbled, you can go with a slower cooking method.

You could do the traditional braciole Latin style...sub out salsa for the tomato sauce, and a low-fat Mexican cheese. Serve with WW tortillas on the side with rice and vegetables.

i've seen it as a rouladen, too...lay it out and spread a nice brown mustard on it, lay a piece of gruyere or fontina on top, then a pickle spear or pickled vegetables, roll it up and bake til done. Then top with sauerkraut or beef reduction.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    any time. I mean, google couldn't possibly find more recipes than a single site on the internet.

Eeeeesh.
  • hsmaldo
    Options
    Lessee...You could a Mongolian grill style...marinate with soy sauce and pineapple juice (or orange if you want it a bit sweeter) and season with garlic and chili flakes. Sear it on a rocket hot grill or skillet on both sides for a minute. Slice on the bias into long thin strips and serve with skinny fried rice and/or stir fry veggies.

If it is very lean, you will need to cook it over very high heat and very quickly. If it is nicely marbled, you can go with a slower cooking method.

You could do the traditional braciole Latin style...sub out salsa for the tomato sauce, and a low-fat Mexican cheese. Serve with WW tortillas on the side with rice and vegetables.

i've seen it as a rouladen, too...lay it out and spread a nice brown mustard on it, lay a piece of gruyere or fontina on top, then a pickle spear or pickled vegetables, roll it up and bake til done. Then top with sauerkraut or beef reduction.

Thanks so much!! The mongolian grill style sounds fantastic!! I'll give that a try!
  • hsmaldo
    Options
    any time. I mean, google couldn't possibly find more recipes than a single site on the internet.

Eeeeesh.

Silly me, after what I found on google only mentioned bread crumb, cheese and sauce recipes, whatever was I thinking for posting for ideas for a recipe in the RECIPE section of a fitness site that is visited by thousands of people every day. :huh:
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options

Eeeeesh.

but of course! because the RECIPE section of a fitness website is definitely an inappropriate place to ask for low-calorie recipe ideas, right?!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options

This was what I was thinking... Or even roll up with spinach and feta cheese