Too much sugar?

Options
I go over just about every day on sugar and carbs, but I checked my diary and it's mostly from fruit. Sugar from fruit is good right?

Replies

• beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm always over my sugar because of fruit - I really only worry about going over sugar if its because I've eaten 'bad' sugars - like sweets or soda etc :) I keep tabs on those instead :)
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Better than the sweet cake,ice cream, or candy bar you might eat instead....HA!!!!! :laugh: ..but just make sure you never eat fruit alone,,,you should always eat some sort of protein with it so it will slow down the turn over of the sugar in the fruit.....hope this helps!!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I go over just about every day on sugar and carbs, but I checked my diary and it's mostly from fruit. Sugar from fruit is good right?

I go over on my sugar too, it's because I love oranges, if I have two oranges in one day, it tips it all over.

I don't worry about fruit sugar at all, I was even thinking of getting rid of my sugar tracking to be honest, I no longer eat sweets, cakes or biscuits see.

Different if somebody is diabetic though, they would need to track all that.

Actually, I am going to get rid of it now.

:flowerforyou:
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

I go over on my sugar too, it's because I love oranges, if I have two oranges in one day, it tips it all over.

I don't worry about fruit sugar at all, I was even thinking of getting rid of my sugar tracking to be honest, I no longer eat sweets, cakes or biscuits see.

I think I may join you on that one!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

I think I may join you on that one!

That's it, I did it, done and dusted :laugh:
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP exactly 3 weeks ago, faithfully logged my diary daily and I have gone over my sugar every single one of those days. At first I was like, 'what's going on? Do I really put that much sugar in my coffee?'. After a few days I started to realize that fruits were the culprit (I love fruit!!). While fruit is great and should be eaten daily, I think there really is such a thing as too much fruit. More often people will eat fruit more then veggies when it should probably be the other way around. Either way, fruit is WAY better than reaching for those cupcakes and cookies so if you ever get those cravings always take fruit instead!