Man eats 12K Big Macs in 30 years

Options
Acg67
Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
I thought fast food makes you obese?

SALT LAKE CITY — Lunch with Dennis Rosinlof is always the same: He's been eating a Big Mac from McDonald's for 30 years.

He conservatively estimated he has eaten 12,000 Big Macs in the past 30 years.

He started eating Big Macs when he began his sales career, he said. He has been working as a salesman at R.C. Willey for most of his professional life.

For the past 20 years, he said he has been eating at McDonald's at least 10 times a week and he never gets tired of it.

"I look forward to going to McDonald's every single time," Rosinlof said.

On Mondays he said he stops by McDonald's on the way home from flying planes. He eats one on Wednesdays and two a day on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. On Sunday, he said he takes a break.

Rosinlof's wife of 37 years, Lauri, is a registered nurse. She and their kids encourage him to eat healthier, but at 64 years old, six feet tall and 165 pounds with a cholesterol level under 200, they said they let him be himself.

Rosinlof said he thinks the state of his health has to do with calories. He said a Big Mac meal is 930 calories, so if he eats two a day that is still less than 2,000 calories and he doesn't eat much more than that.

"I don't think I'm addicted, but I do feel my body understands what's coming, when it's coming and knows what it has to make to get rid of a Big Mac. I think that might be one reason why Big Macs and I get along so well," Rosinlof said.

He said his life took turn after he went to Orem High School and volunteered to serve in Vietnam.

"When I got out of basic training they told me I was going to be a 902. I wasn't sure what that was until the drill sergeant said I was going to be a medic," Rosinlof said.

Rosinlof said he didn't know anything about medicine.

"The only thing I could think of was I couldn't give anybody a shot," he said.

Rosinlof said he jumped into the training and became a medic who even earned special recognition for valor. The first-time Medic returned home and became a first-time Sky diver, eventually becoming a "jump master" and later an "instructor."

"By the time I had 200 jumps, I was as relaxed in free fall as I am right now," Rosinlof said.

With all his accomplishments in life, eating 12,000 Big Macs still seems to be an impressive feat.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=26819675&nid=148

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Calories in calories out.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I love big macs. I used to eat them every day too, when I worked there. Yummy.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    That is impossible!! It is McDonald's! It is evil!
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Big Mac diet? I'm in...
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Hurtful lies!:bigsmile:
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    the 1/4lber has better macros than the big mac, but I could easily squeeze one into my day every day. Not sure about the fries every day lol.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I ate a Big Mac once and almost died. This is total Hogwash!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Just another big Donald shill. How much are they paying you?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    "but, 'Supersize Me'..." - anonymous vegan
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I think I'd die.... of boredom.

Seriously, all nutrition considerations aside, wouldn't you just get sick to death of Big Macs?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    *singing*

two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese...
    pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun...

it's a good time
    for a great taste

at McDonalds

*/singing*

hits all the food groups... and if he stays at a deficit or at par, he won't gain...

but only two big macs a day? I'd need more foods!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Sorry but why is that an accomplishment ...sad
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    "but, 'Supersize Me'..." - anonymous vegan

Spurlock consumed an average of 20.92 megajoules or 5,000 kcal (the equivalent of 9.26 Big Macs) per day during the experiment.

9.26 vs. 1-2. -not so anonymous vegetarian (eta: not trying to be too snarky, wasn't sure if you were quoting an anonymous vegan or you yourself are the not really anonymous vegan ;D)

Also, cals in, cals out. Someone else did a Twinkie diet, and another did an "eat only at 7-11 convenience store" diet and both of them survived. Personally, I like my fruits and veggies ;D
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    *singing*

two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese...
    pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun...

it's a good time
    for a great taste

at McDonalds

*/singing*

hits all the food groups... and if he stays at a deficit or at par, he won't gain...

but only two big macs a day? I'd need more foods!

For realz! 2 big macs ain't gonna cut it.
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    This article was sponsored by... McDonald's. Cause you deserve a break today. :smile:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Sorry but why is that an accomplishment ...sad

Oh good grief. It's a joke. No one is giving the guy a medal for eating freaking Big Macs. Lighten up.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Some people are healthy eating steak, drinking liquor and smoking cigars. Some people are healthy eating kale and tofu. It takes all kinds people, so don't judge.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I love Big Macs... but I opt for less calorific items on McDonald's menus these days... just because I need more food in my day than a Big Mac or two.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have never tasted a Big Mac. It's weird, I know. I used to always get a Quarter Pounder.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Ooooh.... Chicken mac sandwich, fries dipped in the chocolate milkshake...foodasm at its best..too bad I never have it.