Vacation results...

faithstephenson
faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
I got home this week after almost 3 weeks away. My goal was to not gain any weight (at least not any that stuck around), but to enjoy my vacation and make good food decisions. I was up 1.5 pounds when I got back on Wednesday, and am now at a net loss of about half a pound. I call this a success. Now back to actually keeping track of calories. In case you're wondering, I didn't keep track of my food on MFP while I was gone, but did journal all my food. Just not calories.

Replies

• timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Great job, I would call that a success....while I was away on vacation (had alloted myself 5 lb gain...cause I do want to enjoy vacation and eating out atleast 2 meals a day is impossible)...but anyway had gained 5.5 lbs but that plus more came off inless than a week of being home and back on track.....
  • Great Job! That is a success especially with such a LONG vacation!
  • RachSuzanne
    RachSuzanne Posts: 74 Member
    That is definitely a success. I spent 1 weekend in St. Louis for a wedding and gained 5lbs. I was hoping that it was water weight but it took 2.5 weeks to come off, which makes me thing it was some water weight and some real weight.

Good job on your vacation and welcome back!
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    You did great!
  • That is awesome!! It can be done :smile: I just got back from a 2 week holiday to the Gulf Coast (we road tripped with 3 kids :noway: ) Lots and lots of tempting fried food, sweet drinks, etc...!! I weighed in at the first hotel we stayed in to get my "starting weight"...I weighed in at the same hotel on the last day of the vacation, and I was up only 1.6 lbs! I worked out a lot at the hotel exercise rooms to combat my extreme lack of restraint :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!