Replies

• ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Good article, lemme post it on FB...LOL
  • smerkord
    smerkord Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My facebook probably annoys some of my friends sometimes and others at other times. It depends on what I post. I have running friends who like my running posts and others who probably think I am bragging. I have friends who like photos of my animals that others probably find annoying. I just had to accept that I wasn't going to be able to offer something to all my newsfeed followers all the time, so basically I just post whatever I feel like. I figure, I can be hidden or unfriended or simply skimmed over so why bother policing on my end when inevitably some folks in facebook land are interested.

The article does hit about everyone on my facebook though including myself. The ones I avoid most are the passive agressive ones that beg for people to ask for more details.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    ¿Qué?
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Good article, lemme post it on FB...LOL

lol yup.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    maybe I'm just bad at social media but half of those don't even seem annoying. I even imagined a lot of them coming from people I don't really like and I was still not irked. I also don't spend every waking minute on facebook so maybe that's it. IDK, the list bugs me way more than 95% of facebook updates.
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Everyone who uses facebook has a bit of narcissism in them. The thing that really gets me in a tizzy is the false persona that people create for themselves. Most of them are pretty benign, but there are others that really send me over the edge because they clearly have some form of mental instability. Here are 3 actual examples from my FL (I have since deleted the 2 guys).

The guy who spent most of his days posting "inspirational" messages that he made to look his own. A quick copy and paste into Google proved otherwise, but he seemed intent and content to be revered as some kind of prophet. He also lied about his education, claiming he went to a prestigious private school in SC and also to Columbia University. Ended up going to State prison for 2 counts of ABIK. For a few months after he went into the clink, he had his 13-year old daughter posting messages from his account with updates and "thanks to his many friends for their support", along with bible verses. I reported his *kitten* multiple times and sent facebook the link to his record from the penitentiary, but his account remains active to this day--despite the fact that he is not due for release until the year 2022.

The girl who is all "rainbows and unicorns", who spends all day posting butterfly and flower photos and talking about her "amazing and thoughtful" boyfriend..I just saw on Mugshots for CDV. How's that boyfriend working out for ya? Her first husband split from her because she came at him one night with a butcher knife.

The guy who spends all day posting right-wing political rants for the sole purpose of creating arguments, actually recently got out of jail for his 4th offense DUI, has no job, and has never left his parents' house (except for that time when he tried to burn it down).

All 3 of these are people who I went to HS with (so they're all over 40) and I have personal connections to, so I know the truth where others take them at face value.
  • nolanerinbryon
    nolanerinbryon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Everyone who uses facebook has a bit of narcissism in them. The thing that really gets me in a tizzy is the false persona that people create for themselves. Most of them are pretty benign, but there are others that really send me over the edge because they clearly have some form of mental instability. Here are 3 actual examples from my FL (I have since deleted the 2 guys).

The guy who spent most of his days posting "inspirational" messages that he made to look his own. A quick copy and paste into Google proved otherwise, but he seemed intent and content to be revered as some kind of prophet. He also lied about his education, claiming he went to a prestigious private school in SC and also to Columbia University. Ended up going to State prison for 2 counts of ABIK. For a few months after he went into the clink, he had his 13-year old daughter posting messages from his account with updates and "thanks to his many friends for their support", along with bible verses. I reported his *kitten* multiple times and sent facebook the link to his record from the penitentiary, but his account remains active to this day--despite the fact that he is not due for release until the year 2022.

The girl who is all "rainbows and unicorns", who spends all day posting butterfly and flower photos and talking about her "amazing and thoughtful" boyfriend..I just saw on Mugshots for CDV. How's that boyfriend working out for ya? Her first husband split from her because she came at him one night with a butcher knife.

The guy who spends all day posting right-wing political rants for the sole purpose of creating arguments, actually recently got out of jail for his 4th offense DUI, has no job, and has never left his parents' house (except for that time when he tried to burn it down).

All 3 of these are people who I went to HS with (so they're all over 40) and I have personal connections to, so I know the truth where others take them at face value.

You hit the nail on the head! I HATE all these scenarios... fakers who pretend & post like their life is better than everyone else's (clammoring for "look at me" type attention), rainbow-unicorn unrealistic types and political over-the-top types. Drives.me.bats.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Or, the guy who created personal profiles for all his dogs? Yeah, I know one of those guys. :noway: