exercising and when to take breaks??? need advice

Options
ok so ive finally found something I like to do and something im going to stick to and that's zumba. I don't go to any classes but I watch the videos on youtube. after one video should I take a small break and continue on to another or just go straight into another video? im guessing it depends on the persons stamina and how much they can do but when is the right time to take a break?

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Just go by feel.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Depends on you, for sure. And you don't want to do so much that you burn more calories than you can keep up with food-wise.

How long are the videos? Personally, an hour or so is plenty for me, whether it's a run day or a strength day, and it's been working well for me.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Depends on you, for sure. And you don't want to do so much that you burn more calories than you can keep up with food-wise.

How long are the videos? Personally, an hour or so is plenty for me, whether it's a run day or a strength day, and it's been working well for me.

the videos are about 5-10 mins long. since im just starting out 5 mins is the most I can do then I need a break. I just thought there was a method to how it needed to be done
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    Listen to your body. If you feel comfortable going directly from one into another, then do it. If you need a break, take a little break. Enjoy what you're doing and only do it to the point you enjoy it. If you stop enjoying it find something new that you enjoy.