Help....Advice...Pretty Please :(

Options
Ok so I've cut my calories down to 1200. and the days i excerise (typically burn 310 calories) I might eat like 200 or so back. granted I haven't eaten really well choices like maybe a little more greasier than it should but still fitting within my calories but at first I lost 6 lbs first week (assuming it's water weight), but then i started the 30DS(9/9/13) and have actually started to gain like 1.6lb back with no inches lost. Today I've actually picked out what I'm eating for the entire day and i still have like 400 calories to go til i hit the 1200 mark (I did my exercises this morning so it added those calories back to what I have for today.) I wouldn't care to be 160lbs but toned if I knew what I was doing is ok, but I guess it's just discouraging. I work out like 4-5/week for 30-60 minutes per workout. any advice would be greatly appreciated. just no rude remarks please. I'm a complete newbie at this stuff and just want to do it right.
Thank you- Tanika

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Change your goal from losing 2 lbs a week to losing 1 lb a week.. that is unrealistic for most people. The 6 lbs you lost was water weight, and you gained back some of it due to a new program..

Might want to read this link.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

And figure out what you should be eating.. if your looking to be tone, 1200 calories is not the right amount (and most likely isn't the right amount now either).. and try not to create too big of a deficit because it will just hurt your progress in the long run.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter sammich and a glass of milk.

Agree with above person, set your goal to lose 1 pound a week if it is not already. Eat your calories and most of your exercise calories. Be patient.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above advice, especially the road map link, but I'll add that it's not uncommon to see a small increase on the scale when you start a new workout routine (or increase an old one). Our bodies flood sore muscles with water to help cushion and repair them, which can sometimes mask any fat loss that's going on. Drink plenty of fluids and the scale should start to catch up soon.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    you are also in the beginning a new workout water retention phase so you will see a drop in another week or 2 when your body gets used to the new workout load
  • tanikatrusty
    Options
    thank you all. I think MFP is set for 1.4lb/wk lost. But i set it for the calorie goal so that's what it gave me. mainly i just want to look toner. not necessarily built out the a** but just....nice-r lol. But thank you all. I hate being impatient and my own worst critic