Evening Gym Go-ers!

Options
OKAY!- So i am off to the gym for the first time since i can remember tonight and i have a couple questions....

Is it better to eat before or after you work out on an evening? Or even just in general?

What pieces of equipment do you think are the best to use for burning all over body fat and toning up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm a complete novice!

Replies

• mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner around 530/6, then go to the gym around 8-9.

If I workout right after work at 530/6, then I eat right after.

High intensity interval training is your best option for burning fat-google it, there is tons of options
  • taranew21
    taranew21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This is really helpful! I ate a banana on my way to the gym at about 6 and got in the gym for about 6:45. Got home at 8 and had some miltigrain crackers, olives, a yogurt and an orange as well as an orange on my way back from the gym. Was really craving something sweet and juicy after my work out which has never happened before! I managed to brun more calories than i consumed for my dinner which i'm pretty happy about!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Is it better to eat before or after you work out on an evening? Or even just in general?

Whatever you prefer. Just make sure you don't eat too much right before your workout, or you may have it come back up on you. Of course, I ate a 3-egg and cheese sandwich 15 minutes before working out this morning without issues. Some people are OK, some aren't.
    What pieces of equipment do you think are the best to use for burning all over body fat and toning up?

Just about anything that involves a barbell, dumbbells, or cables. IOW: weight training - not cardio machines.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I work out two times a week right after work. I have a 10 cal energy drink on the way...work out for an hour and eat within 30 minutes. By the time I am done it is like 715ish..which I really like because at that time, I am satiated and don't have time to feel hungry again before hitting the bed at 11ish...lol...when I work out in the morning it is alot more time in the day to be a bad girl! lol