Insanity nutrition guide

Options
Ive decided to start the insanity workout but do i have to follow the food guide? I dont have the liberty to buy the stuff nor do i have the time to make them. What should i do?

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't need to follow the food guide, just make sure you're preparing your own version of healthy meals and maintaining a calorie deficit.
  • Lobnakhaled
    Lobnakhaled Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Okay, thanks for the info :D.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Ive decided to start the insanity workout but do i have to follow the food guide? I dont have the liberty to buy the stuff nor do i have the time to make them. What should i do?

I would follow the general outlines of the nutrition plan, but that doesn't mean only using their recipes. I rarely use their recipes but they are a good guide for the kind of things that are acceptable. I would recommend following the 5 small meals a day recommendation with a general balance of 40/40/20, and mostly (but not all) "clean" (as in minimally processed), although you'll see the book isn't totally clean. I also reduced most (but not all) of my refined carbs, so no white rice, white potatoes or white bread. I found their calorie calculation a little high for me (1800) so I dropped it a little (1500) and it works for me, but I'm small - 5 2.

When I follow that part of the diet strictly, I can really tell the difference.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The food guide is merely a bunch of recipe suggestions that follow a roughly 40/40/20 macronutrient profile and give you an idea of how many calories you should be eating while on the program (1500 minimum, go up from there if your weight/size demands it). If you can put together your own 40/40/20 recipes that keep to that daily calorie goal you'll still be following the nutrition guidelines.
  • Lobnakhaled
    Options

I would follow the general outlines of the nutrition plan, but that doesn't mean only using their recipes. I rarely use their recipes but they are a good guide for the kind of things that are acceptable. I would recommend following the 5 small meals a day recommendation with a general balance of 40/40/20, and mostly (but not all) "clean" (as in minimally processed), although you'll see the book isn't totally clean. I also reduced most (but not all) of my refined carbs, so no white rice, white potatoes or white bread. I found their calorie calculation a little high for me (1800) so I dropped it a little (1500) and it works for me, but I'm small - 5 2.

I also felt that there calorie calculation was way too high (2200)! Im Going to try the 5 meal thing and see how it works out! I also too exchanged white rice and bread to brown :). Thank you.
  • Lobnakhaled
    Options
    The food guide is merely a bunch of recipe suggestions that follow a roughly 40/40/20 macronutrient profile and give you an idea of how many calories you should be eating while on the program (1500 minimum, go up from there if your weight/size demands it). If you can put together your own 40/40/20 recipes that keep to that daily calorie goal you'll still be following the nutrition guidelines.
    What if i dont follow the 40/40/20 rule in all my meals?
  • contingencyplan
    Options

I also felt that there calorie calculation was way too high (2200)! Im Going to try the 5 meal thing and see how it works out! I also too exchanged white rice and bread to brown :). Thank you.

Trust me it's not too high given the activity level you'll be maintaining while on the program.
  • contingencyplan
    Options

As long as your daily total is around that you'll still be good. The reason for the ratio is that there is a long held belief (although there is no real science to prove it) that this ratio, or something close to it, is the ideal amount needed to lose fat while maintaining lean muscle mass.

Personally I don't agree but ehh, whatever. It is what it is.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Trust me it's not too high given the activity level you'll be maintaining while on the program.

[/quote]

THIS, THIS, THIS!!!! Once you get into the program you will be starving even eating 2200!!!
  • Lobnakhaled
    Options

As long as your daily total is around that you'll still be good. The reason for the ratio is that there is a long held belief (although there is no real science to prove it) that this ratio, or something close to it, is the ideal amount needed to lose fat while maintaining lean muscle mass.

Personally I don't agree but ehh, whatever. It is what it is.

Okay, thanks for the help :).
  • Lobnakhaled
    Options

[/quote]

THIS, THIS, THIS!!!! Once you get into the program you will be starving even eating 2200!!!
    [/quote]
    I just hope i get good results!