I am sorta new here

Options
I was told about this website from my son who is a fitness major in college. I have been in my new lifestyle for 3 1/2 weeks. I lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks only to gain back 2 pounds! I was so discouraged. I had not been eating anything that I shouldn't. It is so tough and sometimes I just want to give up. But I had labs done a month ago and my numbers are so high. I am basically a walking heart attack. I promised my son and myself that I would lead a more healthy lifestyle and try to remove some of this weight and get my numbers down. So that is what keeps me motivated when I want to quit.

So I am looking for friends on here to help me and for me to help you. My name is Val!

Replies

• Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hey Val!

There's actually an 'introduce yourself' forum you can go on, if you go back to the community page.

Good for you for deciding to turn things around. :smile:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The weight you gained back is just water. A body can naturally fluctuate 5 lbs or so a day... and its worse for women. Also, keep in mind the first few weeks is high because its a lot of water retention. Ideally 1 to 2 lbs a week is great. Also understand some weeks you will lose more some with you won't lose at all. also keep in mind that when you exercise you will retain some water.And if you do exercise you should eat more calories.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    The weight you gained back is just water. A body can naturally fluctuate 5 lbs or so a day... and its worse for women. Also, keep in mind the first few weeks is high because its a lot of water retention. Ideally 1 to 2 lbs a week is great. Also understand some weeks you will lose more some with you won't lose at all. also keep in mind that when you exercise you will retain some water.And if you do exercise you should eat more calories.

Listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about.