healthy snacks at work

Options
2»

Replies

• dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond low sodium almonds--the cocunut ones are real good too and also low in sodium
    Special K protein bars
    Nature valley peanut butter granola bars
  • rachelannecraig
    Options
    This may not be as user friendly - but I don't like the store bought microwave popcorn. I prefer to buy the kernels, put 1/4 in a brown paper back and microwave for 2 mins.(microwaves vary so you may need to play around with the time). You can always add seasoning salt for more flavor - but this is healthier than the microwave stuff.
  • shepd1999
    shepd1999 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Cheese and Salami w/5 whole weat crackers
    Cottage Cheese
    Greek yogurt (I like the Dannon Light and Fit)
    Pickles
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Cup of cottage cheese to mix with plain yogurt and a cup of peaches is a filling lunch or snack.
    Raw celery,carrots,apples are my go to snacks when I am eating healthy.
    Also I like natural applesauce cups- portable and taste good hot or cold. Selzer water- lime or coconut
    is a great calorie free snack.
  • chirpybirdie
    chirpybirdie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i love apple slice with a packet of Justin's almond butter
  • kayleepie
    kayleepie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I work two different jobs and study at uni, so I usually throw a bunch of food in my bag and carry it around for the day. Some stuff I love to take:

Carrot sticks and dips (You can pre-cut them and measure out the dip in advance so you can just grab it and go in the morning)
    A punnet of strawberries (The whole thing is only 80 cals!)
    Mueseli bars (Some faves are Carmen's, AntiOx and anything chocolatey)
    Belvita biscuits
    Cereal (Any kind of cereal that has fairly large pieces, like special K and fruit loops, measured out and stored in a sandwich bag)
    Boiled Eggs
    Chocolate milk
    Nuts and dried fruit
    Yoghurt with frozen berries

Yummmmmmm.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a list of what others keep in their desks for snacking on during the day. I eat 5 - 6 meals a day (2 -3 of them being much smaller and in between meals). the things I go for now are apples or other fruit with skin, 100 calorie packs of almonds/nuts, quest bars or luna bars & carrot sticks. I dont eat meat so no jerkey. thank you!

Excellent!
    My favourite snacks are nuts (smoked almonds, roast almonds, pecans, salted pistachios, cashews.
    Dried fruit: apricots, medjool dates, figs.
    Fresh fruit (whatever is in season). I've been enjoying tangelos and red delicious apples. Bosc pears are now coming into season and they're beautiful.
    Enjoy!
  • Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, Indiana "Fit" popcorn - in several flavors. They have a number of flavors.

Some sort of sweetened cereal for when I get a sweet attack - generally chocolate or cinnamon.
  • juanchoposada
    Options
    Hi. . . There is a lot of snacks out there. . .

Raspberries, carrots, nuts, Cookies (special k, 70 calories), Cereals, almonds, greek yogurt, there is a lot of choices. . .
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    - Fat free yoghurt (If I want a chocolate kick I mix in a sachet of cadbury's light hot choc powder & it makes it into a yummy choc desert!)
    - Mixed nuts
    - Fruit
    - Jelly pots - Sugar free
    - Rice crackers
    - Beetroot
    - Wafer thin ham