1235»

Replies

• Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You could just serve the veggies last and call them "dessert."
  • breanazank
    Options
    Try different cooking methods and getting your kids involved in the cooking process!

My mom did this with me (granted I loved vegetables), and I was more responsive and interested in the foods that I helped prepare/cook.

Roasting veggies gives out a natural sweetness that most people tend to really enjoy. Stuffed bell peppers with your choice of grain and protein along with various chopped veggies is a good option as well. You just have to really get in tune with your child-like side and get creative. And the more colorful/eye pleasing the better!

:)
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Try telling them to take a bite for each member of the family sometimes they will do it then not sure why and to take a bite for each of their favorite toys or favorite pets till they have taken quite a few bites. Or else mix them into soups or into a smoothie even they won't know they're in there if they are having a drink with them in there and let them have the smoothie with their food. A good multivitamin too is a good idea.
  • Smileydietgirl
    Options
    I second the suggestion of Good Greens bars. They taste amazing (like chocolate candy bars!) and they have 100% of your fruits and vegetables due to this powder they put in them. They are all natural, though, and made from whole food that is blended up. They are a bit expensive, though. Maybe you could just try things like adding broccoli to mac and cheese, adding spinach to omelettes, or carrrots, peas and corn to rice.
    oh i just realized how old this thread is... okay well enjoy my reply anyway! :laugh: