" Free Foods" ?

Options
2»

Replies

• bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Do you have any foods that you consider " free" - rather, that are low enough you eat all you want and don't feel guilty for eating?

I've found dill pickles to be at the top of that list for me. They are crunchy, salty, and filling. Any other suggestions?

Any low cal vege are free and I don't even log them. I watch things like peas and corn and sometimes carrots but really in the end: to say 'i won't eat this healthy lettuce leaf because it'll put me 5cals over my daily budget' is NOT in the spirit of MFP. That's just stupid.

so basically any vege are free, and if I go over I don't get screwed up about it, I don't even give a damn. Even if I go 300 cals over like I did the other day. Any day below maintenance is a good day. :)
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    That said, when I'm trying to lose weight I count everything I eat, so technically, nothing is free.
    And....
    Everything has calories. 100 calories of lettuce is still 100 calories, so I count it.

THIS....

and pickles might be low in calories but they'll ding you on sodium, so it's not really "free"
    The only thing I tend to not log are some spices unless they are high in sodium.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I don't count herbs, spices, tea and coffee.
    Tea and coffee I drink black and unsweetened.
  • smu_77
    Options
    Same here. I have one or two espresso in the morning (without sugar/milk) that I don't count. I also don't count spices and my daily 2-3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
  • Sapphire3002
    Sapphire3002 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Mine are also dill pickles but I also love green olives with pimento, low on calories.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    water is really the only thing I don't log....well that and spices (but I only use spices when I eat chicken breasts, pork chops, or steak)