220 pounds to 136 pounds Question RE: Yoga...

Options
I have been working out for over a year now and I have avoided Yoga!!!!! I found a new DVD by Jillian Michaels called Yoga Inferno, Will this help me shed the last 10-15 pounds I have been lugging around for the past 5 months? I am currently at 135-137 coming from 220 pounds.....

I just don't wanna work my butt off for no results lol... My eating needs to be improved GREATLY!!!!!!! Which I am working on lol

any advice on how to log yoga would be great too... seems like it is a VERY low calorie burn.... someone please help

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Losing any weight is all about a calorie deficit, so just make sure that you're still tracking your food and staying under on cals!

Yoga Inferno will definitely help you tone and get stronger. As far as logging it, I've done some reading on it and most people recommend logging it as "yoga" and upping the calories MFP calculates by %150 to %200 based on how hard you worked during the program. I found myself not being able to completely keep up with the DVD, but still sweating a lot, so I just upped my calories by %150.