Toning Ball / Medicine Ball Workout

Options
I bought a 4 lb toning ball and DVD yesterday for $12 at TJMaxx. I figured it would be a nice variation for my exercise options especially indoors in the winter. Let me tell you, it was pretty tough. I started the workout after jogging today thinking I'll just do this silly strength training thing to add to my cardio workout. Anyway, I only did 15 minutes and bailed. Can't wait to do the whole 35-minute workout solo! I couldn't find any topics posted for it on here. Anyone else out there doing this kind of workout?

Replies

• TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I love my medicine balls! I have like a half dozen of different weights. I use them for everything, but they are most fun for partner exercises.
  • kmulhollen
    Options
    Thanks Tonya. Guess no one else on this site uses them! The DVD did have a partner workout too but I haven't gotten to that. I love a variety in my workouts. Dreading winter when i'm stuck inside :(
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    I've got one LOL. I am quite abit older then you so I don't think I could keep up with ya. I only used it a couple of times a few months ago and forgot that I even had it until I stumbled onto your post. Maybe I can dig it out and use it some for my stomach?
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I've got one LOL. I am quite abit older then you so I don't think I could keep up with ya. I only used it a couple of times a few months ago and forgot that I even had it until I stumbled onto your post. Maybe I can dig it out and use it some for my stomach?

Age is just a number! You can do whatever you put your mind to doing. I once had a client who came to be at 72 years old because she was bored since her husband died. She had never stepped foot in a gym but had seen this athletic event on tv that she wanted to try because she thought training might take up a lot of her bored time. When she first told me this, I'm thinking shuffleboard or maybe even as energetic as tennis. Her "sport" she wanted to train for--Bodybuilding! By 78 she won her first senior bodybuilding competition. She proved to me that age doesn't matter. You can improve your physique at any age and with any ailment. You may have to modify at first, but you can definitely do it!
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options

Age is just a number! You can do whatever you put your mind to doing. I once had a client who came to be at 72 years old because she was bored since her husband died. She had never stepped foot in a gym but had seen this athletic event on tv that she wanted to try because she thought training might take up a lot of her bored time. When she first told me this, I'm thinking shuffleboard or maybe even as energetic as tennis. Her "sport" she wanted to train for--Bodybuilding! By 78 she won her first senior bodybuilding competition. She proved to me that age doesn't matter. You can improve your physique at any age and with any ailment. You may have to modify at first, but you can definitely do it!

That made me feel pretty motivated, thank you:flowerforyou: I do have some breathing issues, but I still do some exercises. Treadmill and alittle zumba. I can't move like they do, but after 26 min of that, I was dripping sweat profusely. Good workout though. Too me, sweat means work and work means burning calories. I was going to jump on the treadmill after lunch, but I just might try my luck with the ball. :happy:
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 lb. ball that I use for abs.
    I use it for Russians (sitting up, lift legs (bent) off the floor, pick up ball and set it down without dropping the ball on left side, then right side, then left side, etc.). Works wonders for those love handles!
    I'll also use it for triceps or added weight to other back/arm exercises.
  • kmulhollen
    Options
    Thanks guys for the ideas! :bigsmile: