keeping your running/ workout clothes stink-free?

Options
1235»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ....I wash them...

4211477+_4a2c167105acf71b3ab7623f11a9b3d2.gif

AqrOa.gif

LOL
    pretty much this.

That being said- certain fibers hold smell more- I have one very synthetic shirt ... I liked it so much I bought it in 3 colors- exact same shirt.

It has pit smells- EVERY time I wear it. for no reason at all other than the fabric- none of my cotton based shirts smell ever- through the day or even after they have been washed. Same with workout clothes- I don't use the underarmour/starter/champion stuff on a regular basis because of that very reason. I wear old navy/target tank tops and fitted capris. And that's it. They get washed- and the pants are hung to dry. no issues ever.
  • DianeG213
    Options
    As ADINA749 said "I wash them" lol I love that reply! Washing them always does it for me as well...

I wash my workout clothes every day but it still doesn't get the stuck in sweaty funk that is reactivated when you sweat out.

Exactly!!! I've just discovered that using those Unstoppable scented beads (Gain also makes them) works to get the funk out.
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    We brought some antibacterial washing additive to go in with the wash - made by caneston i think. Works amazingly...no more stinky gym clothes or towels.
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I find a scoop of the oxi-clean powder added to the drum before the clothes go in makes all the difference.
  • ktkiffer
    ktkiffer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm a stickler for natural based detergents so I use Sweat X... It's a newer sport detergent that I found at a local running store and it's got some pretty cool features going for it
    - 100% non-toxic and biodegradable
    - kills BACTERIA and removes just about any stain and odor from your clothes
    - neutral pH - means it safe for even my toddler's sensitive skin
    - AND it's actually cheaper than my old detergent, Seventh Generation, since I don't have to use a large capful for each load

It's so good that I've been trying to convince my whole running group to switch to it ;)

The one drawback is that you can't find it at the grocery store :( It's sold either at local running stores or online at www.renegadebrands.com so I always share the coupon code I have as well --- SWX777 for 5% off.