The day of the donut - Not!

Options
So my "supportive" hubby went & got donuts this morning. I told him several times not to get me one but he did anyway. He said "well, you don't have to eat it" - Knowing full well how much I wanted to eat it. I poured myself a bowl of total and cut up a banana and you know what?? I think my cereal was a LOT better then that donut would have been!

Replies

• KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! I don't know if I could have been that strong if a maple bar was involved:happy: It was also a great way to send your husband a message that you mean what you say :angry:
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That's great! I like donuts a lot too, but I'm really starting to dislike the aftertaste of regret! Good for you for going for the healthier choice :)
  • EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Do you think he might be feeling insecure about you changing? I'm sure he wants you to be happy and wouldn't try to sabotage you out of bitterness or malice. It seems when people do sabotage a loved one's weight loss, it's not out of cruelty, but out of fear and insecurity on how the relationship might change. If you do choose to discuss it, I would talk to him out of a place of caring for his feelings (so not accusing him of sabotaging you)

He might just be clueless or wanted an excuse to buy an extra donut to eat himself (something the old me would totally do, btw :-)

Regardless, congrats to you. Donuts are incredibly difficult to resist!
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I agree it was not very nice of him to get it for you in the first place. That's not being very supportive. Good thing you are awesome and resisted!!! :) Good for you!!
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good for you! He was probably hungry in an hour, but you probably lasted a while on your healthy breakfast!
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You should be proud at the discipline you have. It would have been a tempting choice for sure but you would carry the regret of eating that with you all day. Congrats on making the difficult but right choice!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    So awesome for you, but your hubby needs a slap! If he's going to get donuts he should do it in secret at least, lol ;)
  • LittlePam
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!