Baked Skinless Potato

Options
Hi,

I weighed potatoes yesterday before baking them and they were 500 grams.

I did not weigh them afterwards and ate the potatoes without the skin.

Can somebody please tell me the number of calories i consumed as all databases are based on cooked and/or skinned potato weight.

Thanks

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Just go with what you weighed prior this time. Next time, weigh after you peel them.
  • hussain79
    Options
    Actually there are two factors here:

1. Potatoes loose weight after cooking.
    2. The calories in skin.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

2. The calories in skin.

i'm pretty sure raw potato is in the database. just take off 100g for the skin. and next time weigh them cooked and then weigh the skin you dont eat... if you're that bothered about beign so accurate. anyway, you should eat the skin, its where all the best stuff is!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Go by their raw weight only always if you are cooking them and weigh after peeling them when raw too. The skin doesn't really weigh much anyway so not many calories if peeling after cooking.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It's not going to be so huge a difference it destroys your progress or affects you long term. It's one meal/day. Just log it and move on.
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    Always eat the skin, bro. Always!
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I really don't know why people post these topics like we know the answers of every calorie in every food.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    It's not going to be so huge a difference it destroys your progress or affects you long term. It's one meal/day. Just log it and move on.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Ummmm.... There's a chance that you're over thinking this
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I love potato skins. Wouldn't ever think of discarding them when enjoying a nice baked spud. The skin has a lot of fiber and is very healthy for you (but some of course don't care for them.) To each their own.
  • ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The skin is where all the vitamins and minerals are. What's the point of eating veggies if you are going to get rid of the nutrients to save a few calories?
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options

2. The calories in skin.

i'm pretty sure raw potato is in the database. just take off 100g for the skin. and next time weigh them cooked and then weigh the skin you dont eat... if you're that bothered about beign so accurate. anyway, you should eat the skin, its where all the best stuff is!

I hope your joking...there is no way the skin alone weighs 3.5 oz!