Silly Question? Protein shakes..

Options
2»

Replies

• SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I just got my first one this morning :)
    Needed to up my proteins. Getting them in with food was proving to be too expensive.

Did not realize it would make me feel so full! I only realized around 2pm I hadnt eaten lunch yet! Usually Im starving by 11:30!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    bump to save the brands! those are all much cheaper than the ones I get (but I'm in Canada so that might be the difference...)

Here's another question though: how much is "too much" to be getting from powders? Is there such a thing?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Protein powders have been instrumental in hitting my macros. My favorites right now are Optimum Nutrition Chocolate mixed w/milk, and their Cookies and Cream flavor mixed in with my raisin bran.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    bump to save the brands! those are all much cheaper than the ones I get (but I'm in Canada so that might be the difference...)

Here's another question though: how much is "too much" to be getting from powders? Is there such a thing?

There's not a lot of concrete info behind that question from what I've found, unfortunately. Just random suggestions but no GOOD studies. Most recommendations seem to avoid going over 300-400g a day but even then I've known people who do it with no problems so *shrug*. Getting that much wouldn't really have much of a point anyway, you don't get extra credit for nutrition beyond your daily needs.

Long story short, I wouldn't really worry about it.
  • jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Walmart around $17 amarican
    IMG_0118_zpsfe1720d2.jpg

I don't care for the Body Fortress. I prefer the Six Star by Muscletech.

I always buy the chocolate and add instant coffee for a delicious mocha shake :)
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I use them as meal replacements sometimes because I'm too busy to stop the things I'm doing to eat. I'm trying to take walks during my lunch hour and I can have a shake and walk at the same time and then when done run the stairs before going back to work. Some days that's the only way I can come close to my macros. That and Quest Bars save me at least twice a week for meals.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I use gold standard- it's a good quality- and a good price. easy to find anywhere. plus my pro bodybuilder friend gave me the thumbs up on it- so I'm doubly happy with that.