I hit a weight loss wall need help

Options
I need some help Im doing this IF im at a calorie deficit most days but ive hit a wall. I cant get under 195lbs Im back up to 200lbs but I do have some new muscle. any suggestion?

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I suggest a calorie deficit on all days, not most days, and see where you get from there.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I need some help Im doing this IF im at a calorie deficit most days but ive hit a wall. I cant get under 195lbs Im back up to 200lbs but I do have some new muscle. any suggestion?
    At a deficit most days? When is the last time you figured out your cal needs? Every 10 lbs lost you should redo those numbers. Are you weighing your food or eyeballing portions?
  • ANDRE_DOE
    ANDRE_DOE Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i do what I meant is that I do have a cheat day once a month I should have made that clear. Thank You
  • Photogg
    Options
    Agreed especial when you are getting closer to that end goal. It is hardest to lose that last 20-10 lbs then any other. Also the body does get use to the exercise you routinely do, so switch it up, keep your body guessing.
  • ANDRE_DOE
    Options
    At a deficit most days? When is the last time you figured out your cal needs? Every 10 lbs lost you should redo those numbers. Are you weighing your food or eyeballing portions?

Im using MFP to the best of my knowledge by scanning Im eye balling more that I weigh I do us measuring cups
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    If you are not losing you are not in a deficit... It's as simple as that. If you are tracking consistently and you are not losing weight or are gaining weight there is an error somewhere. You have to make sure that everything you eat is accounted for accurately. There's no wall, a deficit is just simply not present.
  • tryshaantonelli
    tryshaantonelli Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    VARIETY!!! Mix up your diet, your work outs and your calorie consumption. Go over one day and way under the next. It keeps you metabolism guessing. Throw your body out of homeostasis. Your body is designed to adapt and get used to what we throw at it so if it has adapted to your eating habits, you need to knock it off balance.
  • jeffpettis
    Options
    Agreed especial when you are getting closer to that end goal. It is hardest to lose that last 20-10 lbs then any other. Also the body does get use to the exercise you routinely do, so switch it up, keep your body guessing.

Your body gets more "efficient" at exercise but it doesn't get used to exercise in the sense that you should constantly be switching things around. The only "change" that needs to be made is consistent progression.
  • kendragetshealthy
    Options
    I would get a food scale and weigh everything. It makes such a difference. There is a photo on fb showing what we THINK is a tablespoon of peanut butter vs what it actually is...
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options

Im using MFP to the best of my knowledge by scanning Im eye balling more that I weigh I do us measuring cups
    Hit your deficit every day and weigh everything. Once you get down to the last few lbs those 30-100 cals per serving you are off actually count! Also what is your weekly weight loss goal? How long have you been stalled?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I would get a food scale and weigh everything. It makes such a difference. There is a photo on fb showing what we THINK is a tablespoon of peanut butter vs what it actually is...
    ^ thisthisthis

a million times this.
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    1. Need a diary?
    2. Do you record everything (meaning everything)?
    3. Do you use a food scale?

actually, the better place to go to get an idea is one of the groups on MFP called Eat, Train, Progress. Read the OP comments on the board administrators. They offer EXCELLLENT guidelines to assist you in determining your "starting point". The good news is that you have made progress, and jump starting yourself from here is very doable.
  • ANDRE_DOE
    Options

YOUR RIGHT THAT WAS A GOOD READ. THE VIDEO SAID A LOT IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME . THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
  • ANDRE_DOE
    Options
    If you are not losing you are not in a deficit... It's as simple as that. If you are tracking consistently and you are not losing weight or are gaining weight there is an error somewhere. You have to make sure that everything you eat is accounted for accurately. There's no wall, a deficit is just simply not present.

THANKS FOR KEEPING IT REAL
  • ANDRE_DOE
    Options

Hit your deficit every day and weigh everything. Once you get down to the last few lbs those 30-100 cals per serving you are off actually count! Also what is your weekly weight loss goal? How long have you been stalled?

my weekly goal is 1 pound a week at 1000 cal def ive been stalled for about one month. here is what changed I stopped smoking two cigars a day to zero so I quit 6 weeks ago. I didnt eat any meats or poultry I started eating poultry in July. the protein shakes wasn't enough protein for muscle gain. I began to get cravings for sweets that I didnt eat and eating them I do log them.
  • ANDRE_DOE
    Options
    1. Need a diary?
    2. Do you record everything (meaning everything)?
    3. Do you use a food scale?

actually, the better place to go to get an idea is one of the groups on MFP called Eat, Train, Progress. Read the OP comments on the board administrators. They offer EXCELLLENT guidelines to assist you in determining your "starting point". The good news is that you have made progress, and jump starting yourself from here is very doable.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT I JOINED THE GROUP
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Keep your calories the same, get a food scale and use it instead of measuring cups, log everything, and get some exercise.. the 1 cheat day a month, or the different meats or chicken your eating (or fish or anything) doesn't matter as long as you get the protein in..
    I know I could never estimate what a 4 oz chicken breast (or steak) is without a scale.. the normal piece I usually eat ends up being twice that so it is a big difference from my experience.
  • jeffpettis
    Options

THANKS FOR KEEPING IT REAL

The biggest thing to remember is that losing weight is unbelievably simple. I'm not saying it's not hard, and that it won't take a while to accomplish, but a lot of people cloud the simplicity of it with a ton of things that in the end really don't matter that much. Like I said before if you are not losing weight you apparently are no longer in a deficit, only you can figure out why, but it is as simple as that.