Hi Everyone! Just wanted to introduce my self

Options
Hi - My name is Brenda and I just hit the BIG 50 in August - Something all of a sudden hit me - i'm 50 and have gained alot of weight. So I decided to start eating healthier - Well found this site on Sept. 6th for the food diary - so far I've lost 1 1/2 in. and 4lbs - I also joined a healthy group on facebook, very nice people! So I decided to venture out and I spotted the community here so I thought what the heck - So here I am! I live in Angola Ny and would love to meet some new people to go along our journey together.

Replies

• stephiehampshire
    Options
    Hi Brenda!

Congratulations on you weight loss so far

Im from little ole Blighty right on the Southcoast, this is my second time on MFP, when I hit my goal last year I left MFP and put it all back on again (lesson learnt lol)

Some great people and forums on here, Im taking part in a couple of challenges that drive me to get off my *kitten* and out and about on the bike etc

Good luck with your goal

x
  • jmp1958
    jmp1958 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting started! I'm 55 - live in the midwest. I've found MFP to be a great accountability tool. Keep it up!
  • pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Brenda!
    I love this site! With help from the fantastic people I've met here I have been able to meet my goal in 7 mos. I'm much more aware of what and how I eat, I've learned about the value of exercise and that it's actually fun to do. About a month after I started my son and Grand-daughter also joined. My son has lost 80+ lbs and my Grand-daughter about 30! I'm so proud of them. I'm so glad you've found MFP and I know these wonderful people can help you back to a healthy lifestyle too!