graveyard shift

mlagena
mlagena Posts: 154 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
This week my husbands working midnight to noon and it's been really hard on our eating habits. For the past couple days we've been going to bed around 3pm and waking up at ten pm.
How should I manage my diary? I've been putting what I eat in the mornings, when my diary rolls over, before we go to sleep as breakfast and lunch, then we usually eat 'dinner' right before he goes into work around 11pm. I've been doing okay not to eat a whole lot (especially junk) at night, but I'm just curious if I need to change my diary habits for the week.
It kinda makes my head hurt. :laugh: What do ya'll think?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    I'd say as long as you just stick to a 24 hour time span, you're fine.

I work 10 P-7 A (luckily, though, I get to sleep for about 5 hours of my shift--work at a group home) so my eating habits and times are often a bit odd. I just always start my log from the time I wake up in the morning til the time I actually go to bed for the night, even though my last meal is often past midnight. As long as you are stopping your old log and starting your new one at the same time every day, it'll all even out.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    This week my husbands working midnight to noon and it's been really hard on our eating habits. For the past couple days we've been going to bed around 3pm and waking up at ten pm.
    How should I manage my diary? I've been putting what I eat in the mornings, when my diary rolls over, before we go to sleep as breakfast and lunch, then we usually eat 'dinner' right before he goes into work around 11pm. I've been doing okay not to eat a whole lot (especially junk) at night, but I'm just curious if I need to change my diary habits for the week.
    It kinda makes my head hurt. :laugh: What do ya'll think?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

As long as you register all your food and drink and press "register" before midnight, it will record it to your page. If you leave it after midnight, sometimes it doesn't register it, I've had that happen on the odd occasion.

Regarding what meals at what time, to be honest, as long as you record it all, it doesn't matter if you ask me. I have stuck my lunch in my breakfast and my breakfast in my dinner before, one because I thought it amusing to do so and two because I stuck the first bit in the wrong bit by mistake once and couldn't be asked to delete it and start again :laugh:

Just make sure everything you eat and drink is recorded within that twenty four hours and before the midnight though.
This discussion has been closed.