What does it cost you for child care?

Options
1235»

Replies

• MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    We used to pay about $200 a week before our daughter went to kindergarten. We could have found a cheaper place, but we really liked the quality of the care and learning activities at the daycare we chose.

Now we pay $175 per month for after-school care through my child's school district. It is awesome and she loves it.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I used to pay $850 a month when my daughter was in daycare/preschool. Now that she's in elementary school, we pay $210 (total for the month) for the before and after school costs.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Wow, I guess I really shouldn't complain about my day care! My provider charges $2.00 per hour. She never charges me when they are not there. However my youngest goes to a private preschool and I am charged $5.00 per hour he is in wrap around care there. Usually comes to about $220.00 a month for preschool and $300.00 for day care.

WOW that is crazy cheap.

My mom babysits one little boy and charges $140 per week, which is insanely low for my area (a cheap area to live in, btw)
  • aprilwilliams2729
    aprilwilliams2729 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Our neighbor watches my almost 2 year old - we pay her $20/day. My Mama watches him one day a week and my husband works 4 10 hour days so he's off on Friday - So we pay about $60/week; $240/month.
  • shorthand73
    shorthand73 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable! Some of those prices are astounding! We are very fortunate to have a sweet little lady in town who has done daycare in her home for 25+ years. Both of my children were in her care from the time they were infants until they were old enough to go to school. She charged $2.00/hr per child, and would take children anytime from 5:30am-6:30pm. She fed them breakfast, a wonderful home-cooked meal at noon, and snacks. She celebrated each child's birthday with balloons and treats and gifts, and had a big Christmas party for them each year. It was so comforting to know that my kids were 'her kids'. They will always consider her as another 'Grandma', and the other children there have become 'extended family'. They love her as much as she loves them. There is no way that we could ever pay her what she is worth.
  • beckhole69
    beckhole69 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    $44/day :'(
  • beckhole69
    beckhole69 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    $44/day :'( -it'll be $38 when he turns 3 woohoo
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    In Missouri I have my 3 yr old in a licensed in home daycare and only pay $380 a month. I love her provider, she is great. Wish I would have known about her as a infant. Prices range though. She went to a child care center as a infant and it was $921 a month. When we moved to her current provider at 13 months old it cost us $440 a month, and at two it moved to the current rate of $380 a month.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    wow, you guys got it cheap.
  • devils44
    devils44 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    $0, it was cheaper for my wife to just stay home or work below part time ( while kids were is school when they became school age)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I pay $240/week, which is standard here for a 5 star program. (He'll be 4 on Sunday)
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Nothing, because I quit my job to raise my kids.:happy:

Same here. It really wouldn't have been cost-effective for me to continue working. Generally speaking, daycare costs in this area of Southern California are ridiculous.
  • danger2oneself2
    danger2oneself2 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    About $3 a box of trojans....every 5 years :laugh: