100 Pushup ??? - How to log it?

Options
I am starting the 100 pushup challenge tomorrow (did my initial test yesterday and boy was that depressing but that is for a different thread). I am starting Wk1/Day1 tomorrow.

How do you count it in your exercise or do you even bother? I know lots of folks are doing the challenge so hoping for some good advice.

Thanks in advance...
Dawn

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    you can put pushups in exercise and then the amount of time it took you to do them. Maybe put 5 minutes. I am doing it as well, but I am not bothering to log it (I just mark it in the notes for progress) as if I remember correctly 5 minutes is only 25 calories. I figure this little extra exercise that I am doing negates the slight errors in the food amount guestimation.
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    you can put pushups in exercise and then the amount of time it took you to do them. Maybe put 5 minutes. I am doing it as well, but I am not bothering to log it (I just mark it in the notes for progress) as if I remember correctly 5 minutes is only 25 calories. I figure this little extra exercise that I am doing negates the slight errors in the food amount guestimation.

You could do this but if you had a HRM then you could log the calories burnt more accurately.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    time how long it takes you to do the push ups and use this website to calculate

hope this helps you

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/calories_burned.asp