My excuses and goals. Support needed :)

Options
NicolexJones
NicolexJones Posts: 15
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I'm ready.

I’m officially at my heaviest and I need a change. I turned 25 yesterday and I should this winded, this depressed, and this achy. I need something to fix all of the above.

Here are my excuses:

1.) My husband is very skinny and needs to eat big elaborate dinners to feel satisfied. So.. I cook big elaborate meals every night.
2.) I have plantar fasciitis and it KILLS my calves and feet to walk long periods of time.
3.) I live on the third floor of an apartment. When It comes to doing exercise videos, I can’t do anything that has jumping or thumping or I’ll get yelled at by “Crazy downstairs neighbor with all the cats”
4.) Oh, and I love dairy and bread.. so that sucks
5.) I weigh 250lbs (5'5") and it doesn’t take much to elevate my heart rate so I find that I want to give up early.

Now that we’ve read my excuses, here are my goals:
1.) At the moment I’m on depression and anxiety medication and I know the reason I’m depressed and anxious is because of my weight. I’d like to one day be off of both
2.) I’d like to feel good about myself.
3.) I feel like I’m holding my husband back. He loves hiking and fishing and camping but I feel like he sits at home because of me. (if that makes sense)
4.) I’m 3 months away from getting my teaching certification. I want to be able to wear an interview outfit and impress myself and my future employer
5.) Um.. I want to be hot? lol

Any advice would be great. I really would love some support. I need it.

Replies

• helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    1, You could still make the big elaborate meals for your husband and make yourself smaller portions (count the calories to fit into your day)
    2. Try just walking for 30mins, take the stairs, try fitting walking into your everyday life (getting of the bus a couple of stops early)
    3. I live on the 18th floor and can't make too much noise either. I do toning exercise videos on youtube and a walking video (barefoot)
    4. You can eat diary and bread. Just make healthy choices. Diary actually clings to fat in your stomach and leaves your body when you go to the toilet (just seen on a TV show)
    5. I started out at 231lbs and was very unfit, but after 4 months I've lost 2.5 stone and am so much more fitter.

Don't keep making excuses because you can over come them, you just need to research a little more.
    It can be done!!
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    1. My boyfriend is skinny. I cook big elaborate dinners every day. I make healthy options and keep my macros on point. Find yummy and healthy recipes that both of you can enjoy.
    2. What type of shoe do you use to walk? Maybe you can get running/walking shows, which are very light weight and cushioned. Also, start slow. Walk for short periods of time at the beginning.
    3. Sorry, not a lot of options there LOL. Join a gym!
    4. I LOVE dairy, bread, pasta... each and every one of those very bad but tasty carbs. I have one "cheat" meal a week to keep me sane.
    5. I started with 253 (I'm 5'3) doing Crossfit. I'm down to 226 now, I run and light weights. It does hurt at first. It doesn't get any easier, but you do get better and fitter.

Yo got this, girl.
  • NicolexJones
    Options
    Wow~ This is totally what i wanted and needed to hear!! Thank you both so much :)!!
  • jenniferlynn12
    Options
    What's great about this site is you can still eat some of your "favorite things" -- you just control the portions... my husband can eat whatever he wants too, I cook healthy and he just eats more of it than I do or I add more salad and he eats more of the carb part. It can be done. I have a hip injury right now and so I'm pretty limited... but there are always things you can do- something is better than nothing! :) Check out some of the youtube or exercise tv videos or buy a few dvds... I got a cheap exercise bike off craigslist and I can do that with my hip (in small amounts).... feel free to add me (anyone can)- this place is great for support! You can do it! :)
This discussion has been closed.