What does everyone eat at Olive Garden?

Options
I'm looking at some options including:
Apricot Chicken
Herb Salmon ($20 though, yikes!)
Lasagna Primavera (has squash and zucchini in it, and I've never had those)
Capellini Pomodoro with chicken
Caprese Flatbread
Parmesean Tilapia

And of course, their salad and dressing. All these items are 600 calories or less.

Replies

• HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I've had the Apricot Chicken, the Lasagna Primavera and the Capellini Pomodoro with chicken. All super delish but my fave between those is the Lasagna Primavera.
  • Mareebzz
    Mareebzz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I regularly eat the lobster cannelloni with shrimp - but I usually eat half or even 1/4 of it and take the rest home. That's what I do with ALL their meals because they all have way too many calories/fat/sodium for ONE meal. But if you break any one of their dishes into 2 or 3 meals, they're not bad at all. :)
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    All of the food. I just order whatever I want, get a box and box up half for later. Then I know I am not eating 1000 calories in one sitting.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    ha! i just went there sunday!

ask them for extra sauce because they seem to be skimpy.

i would go for the apricot chicken. ((i saw that but i wanted pasta so i got pasta and sausage))
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Chicken Marsala. Nomnomnom
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    unlimited breadsticks
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    lunch portion of portabello ravioli. You can ask for lunch portions anytime
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Breadsticks, salad, appetizer, main course and a few bottles of wine. No dessert.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Mmmm carbs...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Their stuffed chicken marsala is decent for 800 calories. ~80g protein.
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    lunch portion of portabello ravioli. You can ask for lunch portions anytime
    good to know! Thanks!
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    buttery bread sticks until I'm sick! :love:
  • grentea
    grentea Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Can I ask an honest question without offending anyone hopefully? I think their food is seriously mediocre. I mean one step above fast food mediocre. Why do people like these chain restaurants so much? I get them all mixed up because they are all the same to me. I feel like I can get the same quality in the frozen food section of the grocery store. It tastes like cafeteria food.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Chicken parm with too many breadsticks :)
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I've only eaten there once in the past, oh, 12 years, and that was about 2 weeks ago. I found it not all too good. But I ate whatever I wanted and controlled my portions. I had a steak and fried calamari.
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Don't do the salad, it is way worse than the soups.

Go for the Zuppa Toscana soup at 170 cals per serving. Their best one I think.
    Close second would be the Pasta Fagioli at 130 cals per serving
    The Minestrone has 100 cals per serving (But I think it is gross)

Stay away from the Chicken Gnocci soup it has 250 cals per serving.

The dressing alone has 150 cals per serving and they put a serving on it per person and then some.

The Linguine Ala Marinara only has 420 cals for the dinner portion ( and you get left overs ) or the lunch has 380.

Bread sticks are 150 cals a piece.

Enjoy your dinner!! :o)
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Soup Salad and Breadsticks. You can get a low-fat/low-cal dressing...or just ask for it on the side. I try to load up on the salad before my soup arrives. I usually get the chicken gnocchi because it's delicious. And no breadsticks until my soup arrives. Oh and a peach bellini....sometimes a tiramisu to go...if I've been "good"
  • awebs89
    awebs89 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I get the Seafood Brodetto. It is sooooooo good and so filling that I can never eat more than half.
  • Nicholec2003
    Nicholec2003 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I like the parmesan crusted tilapia.
  • CentralCaliCycling
    Options
    Pasta fagioli soup and house salad is one favorite but I am not opposed to Fettuccine Alfredo (substituting the fettuccine with angel hair pasta) along with bread sticks, however there is always way to long a wait and I rarely eat there.