How much exercise before breakfast

Options
I have only recently started exercising in the morning so I was wondering... how long and how much do you guys work out before breakfast?

Replies

• Naener
    Naener Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    On weekends (randomly durring the week) ill get up and work out forst thing before i do anything else.. and ive noticed that 30-45 minutes is good... but when i try my 50-60 minute cardio work outs, i end up feeling kind of nausiated and get dizzy when im done..
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    80% of my workouts start just before 5:00 am. Get up, get a go mug of coffee, grab some fruit (grapes work good), head to the gym. Usually do 40-45 mins of cardio and then 30 minutes weights. Home, get ready for work, and eat my breakfast at work. I always have a pretty close to bedtime snack that is carbs - I know that helps me in the AM.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    All of my regular workouts (the exception being my weekend run since I get that in only here and there and at varying times), are done pre-breakfast. My workouts last between 30-60 minutes. I usually eat 30-40 minutes after.
  • happyindian
    happyindian Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    all my workouts are done pre breakfast, otherwise i wud not get them done. i just hit the gym at 530 in the morning, with my bottle of cinnamon water and am there for 70 - 80 mins. Most days , i do not even get to eat breakfast till 3 hrs after. once the kids are in school and hubby to his office....tht breakfats is reeeeaaalllllllllly relished.
  • meggs9605
    meggs9605 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have never been much of a breakfast eater. Since I have been working out every morning for 60-90 min (depending on if I do weights or not) I find that I feel a lot better and my workouts are more productive if I force myself to eat a little something. Usually I eat a banana, a fiber one bar, or a fiber one protein bar in the car on the way to the gym. I finish my workouts feeling energized and ready for the day instead of limp, exhausted and faint. It's weird how 150 calories or less can make suck a big difference.