Marcos-IIFYM

Options
hi all!
I have been doing some research on marcos, but would really love to learn more! I would like to hear from people who follow IIFYM. I am stuck at a weight for about 4 months now with eating very clean foods.(perhaps its not enough food) I feel as if my metabolism as come to a halt because of years of dieting and not eating enough. I work out 5-6 days a week. (2 of those days are with a trainer). Please if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it! I think my issue is I am not eating enough daily.
Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your food diary, or tried to. There's not much there. Sorry...
  • alessandragiu1
    alessandragiu1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged on here for quiet some time :(. I focused more on eating clean foods the past year and I know that I hurt my body by not giving it the appropriate nutrition. I am back on here to start keeping track of my foods and see what I can improve. Do you folliwing IIFYM?
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

This can't really help with no logs.. but 1000 calories isn't eating "clean" or "Healthy".. IIFYM is about eating right and not so much about what your eating.. so if clean means no food.. then its probably not right. IIFYM.com has info about it.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I follow IIFYM. Here is an excellent post explaining what it is and what it isn't. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym
  • alessandragiu1
    Options

This can't really help with no logs.. but 1000 calories isn't eating "clean" or "Healthy".. IIFYM is about eating right and not so much about what your eating.. so if clean means no food.. then its probably not right. IIFYM.com has info about it.

I know that my version of "clean" eating as hurt me in the long run because I am not eating enough. I feel my metabolism had slowed down a lot :( I was def not eating enough calories and now I am trying to start eating more foods to fit my marcos. Is there a way to change what MFP has as my porteins, fats, and carbs?
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    You can also look at my diary if you like. I am at 50/25/25 and I also focus on getting a good fiber intake.
  • alessandragiu1
    Options
    I follow IIFYM. Here is an excellent post explaining what it is and what it isn't. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym

Thank you :)
  • alessandragiu1
    Options
    You can also look at my diary if you like. I am at 50/25/25 and I also focus on getting a good fiber intake.

I feel dumb asking this question but how else can I learn? lol. What does this mean 50/25/25?
  • Cindyinpg
    Options

I feel dumb asking this question but how else can I learn? lol. What does this mean 50/25/25?
    50% carbs, 25% protein and 25% fat. You might be different. Here' how you can set your macros: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
    Then go to Home, Goals, Change Goals and choose Custom rather than Guided to change it in MFP.

Edit to finish sentence.