ya know what really ticks me off? (vent)

i KNOW what i'm supoosed to be doing. i KNOW how to eat right, I know how to exercise. why then must i keep reinventing my own damn wheel?? why do i totally fall off my plan and then take forEVER to climb back on the daggum wagon? this is especially worrisome to me as i have Meniere's disease and too much sodium coupled with not enough exercise can easily lead to a severe vertigo attack.
so why, for the last almost two weeks, have i eaten everything under the sun and not worked out? pisses me off.

ok, i'm done. i'm also back on track (for the zillionth time) and logging and exercising. i don't know what the answer is. if anyone else does, let me know, ok?

Replies

• LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    i KNOW what i'm supoosed to be doing. i KNOW how to eat right, I know how to exercise. why then must i keep reinventing my own damn wheel?? why do i totally fall off my plan and then take forEVER to climb back on the daggum wagon? this is especially worrisome to me as i have Meniere's disease and too much sodium coupled with not enough exercise can easily lead to a severe vertigo attack.
    so why, for the last almost two weeks, have i eaten everything under the sun and not worked out? pisses me off.

ok, i'm done. i'm also back on track (for the zillionth time) and logging and exercising. i don't know what the answer is. if anyone else does, let me know, ok?

Don't worry, you will not have been the only person to do that.

It's all to do with motivation. If I were to take a week out of my exercise and not do any, it would take an awful lot of my willpower to get going again, once I start I am okay and back on track, but it's that initial "trainers on and go go go!" I can take days off and get back into it now, however, there was a time a couple of years ago that I would train everyday except Sunday and the Monday was always effort to restart, I was training everyday so that I didn't lose my motivation, not because I wanted to, talk about a vicious circle! :laugh:

Just keep logging, do it religiously, stick loads of tickers on your signature, announce to the world of MFP what you intend to do, make it damned difficult for yourself to fall into slackness (not sure if that is a word, but I like it!) If you announce things, it is harder to fall and you may be loathe to break your intentions.

I think this is a large part of the reason why this site works, it forces us to walk our talk a lot of the time.

Most importantly though, just don't give up! :flowerforyou:
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    I truly feel your pain!!! but you are already on your way to fixing it by starting again, and the greatest part 2 weeks isn't enough to screw up all your progress! This is a life long journey like anything else your not going to be perfect at it, but you will get through it and pick yourself up dust off and hop back on the wagon =) Be proud that you came back to your senses and remember everyday is a new day and every moment is a new moment to make a healthier better decision =) Good luck
    Tiff
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    :heart: I hear ya sista! I read a great book this summer, Women, God, Food by Geneen Roth. It helped me to see why I was an emotional eater and what to do about it. I was kinda feeding my emotions tagged with keeping some of those habits just because. I am faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from perfect now......but I "get it" now. She has written several books on that topic. Check her out......just know that her God may not be your God.........it is not my God. That was a surprise to me. The title was misleading...................but I was still able to apply some of her ideas into my lifestyle and my belief. :bigsmile:

Here's to your new start............you are sooooooooooooooooooo worth it! Let's do it!:flowerforyou:
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    I don't know the answer either. I will do really well for a while until I run into some obstacle then I'm totally messed up and it takes a LONG time to get back where I should be. Also, if I don't let myself indulge every once in a while, I will really binge eventually. But, that's me. What I want to say to you is, don't beat yourself up about it. According to your ticker you've lost 42 lbs and that's absolutely fantastic! You're clearly doing something right. When it happens, just get yourself back on track as soon as you can!
  • jenuwine
    jenuwine Posts: 57
    I'm not alone YAY!!! I felt that very same way a few weeks back (read my blog for proof!) I dont know what the answer is but can tell you what has helped me (and I have no idea why - it just did) I got an application on my iPhone called "Couch to 10k" its a running training program . I am MEGA unfit, but for some reason this application has me excited to excrcise and I've become very proud of my hr long excercise routines, and now 1.5min running non stop.
    I think its about finally finding the excercise that works for you. try Zumba? running, walking, jump rope, Yoga - acroyoga swimming. just try things and when you find the one that you are excited to return too, it becomes a lot easier then.

I also find visualisation during excercise helps me push harder. I invision the person I want to be, imagine my favourite figures and keep telling myself that this run will help me achieve that.

Good luck .
  • angiereid
    angiereid Posts: 158
    i think we have all been there and done that, including me. since i started mfp i would say i have found something always keeping me motivated i love it. i will say this much though i think the key is to find what you really like and to know why you are doing this. with that said i will elaborate, if you are doing this for anyone but yourself you will fail maybe not right away but you will it is okay to say i want a healthier life so i can spend more time with family friends etc... but ultimately these are your goals. every time i have tried to lose weight in the past i would try these ridiculous diets that i would stick to for maybe a week or two and say forget it. when i stopped looking at my life as a diet and a way of life is when i started to succeed. what i mean is that i started saying hey i am gonna eat what i like but i am gonna portion it out and try to make some better choices but if i want something i am going to eat it. i found with myself if i do not give into something i want every now and then it only leads to binge eating and eating things i didn't even want because i was not satisfied beforehand. so moral of this story learn what you are eating still eat it but maybe cut back and portion it out don't give up what you like because this is your life and if you wanna stick with this plan it has to be something you can live with. as far as exercising goes i find myself to get bored very easy doing the same thing for awhile so i challenge myself to new things, i may not like them as well as something else but if i do the same thing for too long i don't want to go sometimes and it also gets too easy. so i say if you find yourself getting bored with exercises spice it up, you can do the same thing with food, reward yourself every once in awhile you are doing a great job and you should be treated. if you eat the same thing day in and day out you will get bored, fulfill your guilty pleasure it's not wrong remind yourself how good you are doing and deserve a little something i have found i have lost the most weight this way. i have lost 5 pounds a month and i am close to 30 pounds and i feel great i had lost weight before finding this site but i love this site it is wonderful. don't give up you can do it!!!!!!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    We all choose similar self-defeating bouts.....I think it's bec' the symptoms are not instantaneous.
    we've been programmed (environmental/ourselves) thru a lifelong bad choices:grumble: ....that's what has to change.

If I can do this for the right reasons and not bec' of the bad reasons....:sad:
    :ohwell: that's where I'm trying to go.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member

I think the problem is you are human and junk food is pretty awesome!
    I have been yoyoing now since March. I made a deadline and did ok then gave into "oh you deserve a break". After that I would weigh myself and be like ok I am not gaining so I can eat all this crap. Well I did gain and here I am again trying to recomit and get my butt into gear.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Put the cake down, dust yourself off and get back to work! You can do it and you know you can. That is a step further then some!

I wish you luck :smile:
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    As you can see from all the comments you aren't alone!! This is what I love about this site, we aren't alone!! Although we may feel that we are the only one who has ever messed up, it's not true!! And unfortunately we'll probably mess up again...we are human after all!
    You're getting back on track and that is what matters...you can do it...you know you can!!
    Take care!! :flowerforyou: