Tips for losing 30lbs - 25 year old Female! -NEW

Options
MuscleAndMascara
MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hello,

I am looking for some friends on here to give me a little advice on how to lose about 30lbs. I just started going to the gym this Monday 9/16/13. I am only doing cardio at this time because my lungs are so out of shape! I do about 60 min of cardio in the am before work, then I come home and push my daughter in her stroller for about 35-40 min. I know everyone is defferent, but any advice or inspiration would be awesome! I would like some secrets on meals to stick to and work outs that can help me get betters results.

I don't just want to lose weight, I want to look and feel awesome!!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

Welcome to MFP

MFP message boards have a lot of information. Some good and others not so much. You have to decide.

I share a link with some good advice

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Good luck in your journey
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    If you want to add me, we've got similar fitness goals (I'm 24 and about 2/3 of the way through my 30 pounds).

The best tip I can give you is to track every single thing you eat and to eat at a calorie deficit.
  • shellymkmatthews
    Options
    welcome!! So I started exactly how you did on valentines of this year. Cept I needed to lose 40lbs (at least, that's the magic number in my head that I thought would make me happy) I did cardio for about 3 months before I started even thinking about weight training. I could barely handle a few flights of stairs :\ I lost avg 1.25 pounds a week in the beginning. Then I started adding in weight training. And got frustrated when I didn't lose any numbers on the scale for a few weeks. I was still eating right, doing cardio and strength training. But what kept me from quitting that fifth month when the scale didn't move was my measurements. I was only doing measurements once a month, and boy was I surprised in july, I thought surely it wouldn't have moved. But it did go down! Take your measurements. Best advice I've ever gotten. And don't become obsessed with the scale, don't weigh yourself everyday. Every day your body fluctuates.. Don't give urself a heart attack over 1 pound more than yesterday but 3 pounds less than 2 days ago.
This discussion has been closed.