Red Wine Drinkers

Options

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Do you count red moscato as red wine? Moscato is a white wine but I drink the red stuff. I don't like any other red wine's. I drink only things I enjoy drinking and thoroughly enjoy red moscato.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Fava beans and chianti....*FFFFFffff*....Don't look at me like that.
  • erin1276
    erin1276 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    LOVE me some Malbec and South African Shiraz.... my husband got me into wine about 14 years ago. We love wine tasting when we can which is rare.... we also love beer tasting. YUM.
  • Maureen165
    Options
    I love love love Cab Sauv. I would normally have two glasses easily in the evening but am just having it if I'm out socializing now. My desire to drink wine is not as strong as my desire to lose 20 pounds right now.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Four words: Cakebread Cellars Pinot Noir. Heaven in your mouth. :)

Yum! Also....Testarossa Winery Diana's Chardonnay.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I'm picky with wines, red or white. So far my favorite red is a tie between Purple Toad Winery's Merlot or Pinot Noir. I don't drink it often because to restock I have to wait for my mother to come up for a visit and bring it with her or I would need to make a 16 hour drive back home to get it.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    While I prefer white wine, I will slurp down a glass or three of red (sweet) wine any day....I heart wine!!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I have never seen Cougar town ... i do however genuinely LOVE red wine!

Me neither to the first, and me too to the second part.:drinker:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Do you actually enjoy it or do you drink it because it's what they do on TV, i.e. Cougartown and you want to be part of the "in" crowd?

Scientific evidence would say the latter.

Scientific evidence also says that the 'manlier' the avatar and nickname the more likely the actual poster is to be a under-developed specimen of a human being still living with his mother.

Just sayin'. ;)
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Acquired, but so long ago I don't remember not liking it (who likes the taste of any alcohol starting out?). I only have a couple of glasses now and then, usually with food and company -- I find its depth really does complement certain meals. And the little buzz I get, if I do, is always friendly. (Unlike with vodka, which gets me into arguments with bouncers. Whiskey and I haven't been on speaking terms since the late 90s.)
  • bantamspaul
    bantamspaul Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Some things I love:
    Red wine
    Bitter beer
    Gin and Tonic
    Peated Malt Whisky
    Dark rum
    English mustard
    Horseradish
    Wasabi
    Mussels
    Cockles
    Rare steak
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower
    Green cabbage

Some things I didn't like the first time I tasted them:
    See above

Not sure what the OP is trying to infer as anything "distinctive" or "different" is unlikely to be loved at first taste but one's palate develops an appreciation over time
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Some things I love:
    Red wine
    Bitter beer
    Gin and Tonic
    Peated Malt Whisky
    Dark rum
    English mustard
    Horseradish
    Wasabi
    Mussels
    Cockles
    Rare steak
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower
    Green cabbage

Some things I didn't like the first time I tasted them:
    See above

Not sure what the OP is trying to infer as anything "distinctive" or "different" is unlikely to be loved at first taste but one's palate develops an appreciation over time

He doesn't like red wine and can't imagine anyone feeling differently, is all.

I remember hating cheese, as a child. Idiot.
  • digbybebe
    digbybebe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love red wine! I live in France....no shortage of good wine here. No idea what cougar town is!
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Prefer Aussie reds, especially southern, but wouldn't say no to a dry white in hot weather, oh and I don't "sip" hence my name :drinker:
  • addysolari
    addysolari Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I started drinking it because yes it was a fancier way of drinking cheap piss but now I have taste for it. Love a pino or cab merlot :D
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Prefer Aussie reds, especially southern, but wouldn't say no to a dry white in hot weather, oh and I don't "sip" hence my name :drinker:

Lush
  • teddy1234567
    teddy1234567 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Shiraz all the way! I enjoy the taste and find it relaxing at the end of a busy day :)
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking it for around 15 years so not tied into any tv programme, though I do drink it more often these days. I was a white wine drinker originally but my hubby liked red so I would have the odd glass to share a bottle with him and eventually found that i liked red and had gone off white!!!!! Just remember all red wines are not equal and you need to find what you like. Personally I like merlot. Price does not always come into it though I would avoid the very cheapest bottles . Here in the uk you can get red wine for about £4 but it is nasty but you can also get plenty of reduced wines at the main supermarkets and get a really nice wine for £5 lol
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Red wine and Cola.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I think your scientific evidence is FOS.

When sipped, the taste buds on the human tongue responds to things that are sweet. If you recall the taste tests between Coke and Pepsi, Pepsi, which is sweeter, would always win because they had the people sip the samples, not drink.

Wine is sipped, therefore the taste buds on a normal human tongue would not find it enjoyable. Most people will admit that wine is an acquired taste and one they didn't enjoy at first. So that would say that most people drink wine to be part of the 'in" crowd, not because the enjoy it. (excluding the sweet wines, which are looked down on)

Presumtive - I definitely didn't sip the bottle of red that I had for dinner last night :drinker:

I love red wine, especially a merlot, and cannot comment on whether it was acquired as it was first given to me as a toddler in a baby cup, so I guess I've always liked it :smile:

I love my parents, they also allowed me to dip my chips in their whiskey.