literally look fatter than yesterday

Options
So.. not even kidding I literally look fatter than yesterday... i have oh I look fat days but this is by far the worst.... Im not up any more lbs than this time yesterday... but I did eat panda express for dinner... but the water retention would be effecting the scale not just how I look?

Replies

• init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You said it yourself, you're not up any pounds, and you had a salty meal.
    Try not to worry about it :)
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    First things first don't worry!

Chances are its a problem that's just in your head. Just relax and get back on track tomorrow.

Take care.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    When I have a lot of salt I'm more likely to see it in the mirror than on the scale. No worries, watch your sodium intake and drink lots of water. Everything will be back to normal in a couple days. :flowerforyou:
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    The human body can expand up to 6 inches due to bloating... and I have experienced this first hand.. Tomorrow will be better. Drink your water and avoid sodium today!!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Probably wind. it bloats you out but weighs nothing :laugh:

Cure: Go somewhere quiet but public, like a library or a church and let nature take its course. :explode:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Probably wind. it bloats you out but weighs nothing :laugh:

Cure: Go somewhere quiet but public, like a library or a church and let nature take its course. :explode:

Better yet, go "relieve your pressure" in a photobooth or a place that's compact where someone is bound to go in after you. :laugh:
  • ballerina_tea
    ballerina_tea Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're a little dysmorphic? If you're anxious or depressed it might just be psychological, since body dysmorphia is an anxiety disorder. I think we've all had days where we thought we looked worse than we do though. Deep breaths. It's okay.
  • bananasyousay
    Options
    The mind can do crazy things...like make you think you look much bigger than you do. It's hard to gain even 1 pound of fat in one day, much less enough fat to actually make you look bigger. You'd probably have to put on about 5 pounds to notice just a little difference, and in one day that would have you eating 17,500 calories above your maintenance, which is humanely impossible. It's just a bad day, hun. You look the same, don't worry.
  • breanazank
    Options
    It's all in your head, girl!

I've DEFINITELY had those days that totally ruins your entire day.
    BUT, all you have to do is remind yourself that it's in your head, and to go about your day as if you were feeling like the hottest piece of a** around. Confidence is key; you have something to offer the world and you shouldn't let a a "feeling fat" feeling crush all of that.

I usually just go for a walk to calm/distract my uncomfortable "fat feeling" and it usually subsides. Bring a friend laong too! You need support during this time more than ever :)
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    whaaat.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    When I eat high sodium, I can definitely see bloating. I feel like I look a size bigger after a big meal at a restaurant or something. Nothing to worry about, drink lots of water...it'll go away.
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get bloated. I noticed that wheat products and/or MSG or foods high in salt make me bloated and believe me, people notice and speak up haha. I try to avoid those things as much as possible. Sometimes I get bloated during the PMS phase too. My clothes get tighter and my abdomen area feels uncomfortable that day. I just drink more water and wear something loose and comfy on those days. It goes away and all is well again usually the next day.
  • swhiteism
    swhiteism Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This happens to me after I eat big meals, whether they are high in sodium or not. At the same time, right after a work out, my belly looks so flat and I feel and look so skinny. Don't worry about it. It's not real.
  • Fitfabchic29
    Options
    Don't worry, it's water weight and it wil be gone in a few days. The same thing happens to me when I eat really high sodium foods.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Bloating and retaining water can affect the way you feel and look. Drink water, continue as normal. Tomorrow will be okay
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I think it's your perception, since the scale does not have an increase.

If it were water retention, that shows on the scale. Believe me, I know. Once I cut the salt (and I LOVE salt) and drink lots of water, I lose that water retention. It definitely shows on the scale.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    gosh.. i feel the same way today.. I looked at myself and thought.. "why do i look bigger.. I'm not losing anything."