I'm new!

cigarcia07
cigarcia07 Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
I really hope this site helps me stay motivated. I'm at my biggest and I'm already having medical problems and at my age it shouldn't be happening, so I'm ready to make a change! I also hope to be able to fit into the stuff in my closet that still has tags on it... :)

Replies

• welcome :)

I have been on here a few weeks now. It seems nice enough, I find it reaaaaallly handy to know what crap I am filling up on when I fill out my diary.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Welcome to MFP you have come the right place to address all of your fitness/food and health choices. This site is so unique and you will build so many exciting new relationships here and you will meet and become the best cheerleader! I look forward to your success and feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Welcome and it's time to edit that post! Not "I HOPE to fit into my clothes" But "I WILL" it's not about positive thinking (although - that's a great thing!) it's about setting goals and having the discipline to make that happen. If you set yourself up to fail - you will allow yourself to fail. It's only when failure is not an option that we remove all the excuses from our huge book of "buts..."

The discipline to log in here every day (NOT just on the good days) is what separates the people who succeed from those who disappear quietly in the night (and reappear by the fridge usually...)

Decide that you will succeed, and you just will.

:)

I'd say good luck - but really - you don't need luck!

Steve
    knightfit.com
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    Welcome,
    this is a great site. If you use it daily to gain motivation, encouragement and write in your food and exercise diary you will succeed. Just hang in there and dont give up. This time you can do it
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Welcome, I'm fairly new here too!

I just read this article, VERY informative!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.