Heavy lifting LADIES (especially those who do stronglifts)

Options
I am doing Stronglifts 5x5 with my husband, so I am not really sure what to expect for myself. He is already passing me after four weeks. I'd like to see what other women have accomplished so I stop comparing myself to him.

What is your height/weight and what is your personal best at . . .

-squat
-dead lift
-overhead press
-bench press
-barbell row

Thanks!

Sarah

Replies

• dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am doing Stronglifts 5x5 with my husband, so I am not really sure what to expect for myself. He is already passing me after four weeks. I'd like to see what other women have accomplished so I stop comparing myself to him.

-squat
    -dead lift
    -overhead press
    -bench press
    -barbell row

Thanks!

Sarah
    Hi Sarah, there is a Stronglifts group. Check out groups. I would link you but I don't know how. It is just for women. I'll come back and give you the name.
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    It's called Stronglifts 5x5 for women. So browse groups and you will find it. You will absolutely love it.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

-squat
    -dead lift
    -overhead press
    -bench press
    -barbell row

Thanks!

Sarah

My PRs:
    Squat - 165 lbs for reps
    Dead lift - 195 lbs for reps
    OHP - 65 lbs for reps
    BP - 95 lbs for reps (this one is weird for me...there is no dedicated bench press at my gym, so I'm using the incline bench machine. It's not ideal, but the best I have)
    Row - 85 lbs for reps.

I've never tried for a one rep max, as I lift by myself and don't want to risk hurting myself. I'm happy with just doing reps.

ETA: I'm 5'4", and currently 188 lbs
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    It's called Stronglifts 5x5 for women. So browse groups and you will find it. You will absolutely love it.

I am in this group! It's great support and motivation!
  • smccb
    smccb Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have posted the question on the group site.

JTick - thanks for posting your numbers. You are my new inspiration. Wow. I just dead lifted 155 and it was HEAVY. Amazing that you did 195!

Sarah
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just did some 1 Rep Maxs this morning for the first time :)

Squat - 145
    Deadlift - 155 (although, we did this last and were running out of time - I think I could have added more weight)
    OHP - 70

I'm 5' 8" and 147lbs.

have always loved lifting, but never knew how to find my max before today - really fun! Good luck with your lifting!!
  • MaeRenee94
    Options
    5'8'' 145pounds

175-squat
    155-dead lift
    95 -overhead press
    95-bench press
    60-barbell row
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    On my second week of SL XD