Favorite splurge?

Options
One of the nice things about maintaining after all this time is that always seem to have a bunch of extra calories left at the end of the day. I usually have ice cream around 9PM, but that's only 100 or so calories for 1/4 cup and I don't want more that that. I'm usually looking for 200 or so.

Lately I've been going for brie or Stilton on Ryvita crackers or homemade bread. Any other suggestions? I'm looking for something savory, not sweet. What's your favorite splurge?

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss cheese on Tomato and Basil crackers or the Tomato Basil Wheat Thins
  • _jordy_
    _jordy_ Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    A few slices of bacon and cabbage fried together. Simple and so good.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, beer, and cheesecake. Sometimes all at once.
  • irunforcookies
    irunforcookies Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My favorite savory splurge is buttered toast dipped in a sunny side up egg. Sooooo good!
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Red wine (I like Shiraz, Lambrusco, a Rose called Santa Digna ... just to name a few) and cheese ... Naked Goat (Mucia Curado), Petit Basque, Drunken Goat, and Manchego, are some of my favorites ... All kinds of nuts ... Dried dates and figs (Turkish) are yummy too ...
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Toast with butter and honey, large pot of full fat total fage greek yoghurt, peanut M&Ms.
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Fresh guacamole with tortilla chips.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, always. Although wine is a good choice also
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    wine, cheese and chocolate.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Hot buttered toast - hopefully homemade bread, either a nice seedy granary loaf, or a white sourdough, (or maybe an English muffin or a bagel or a crumpet) generously spread with real butter. Sometimes jam or marmalade on it, although that's making it sweet.

Or, cheese of some kind. Something tasty. A strong gouda, or mature cheddar, or manchego, or Stilton.

Or, a couple of spoonfuls of peanut/almond/cashew/hazelnut butter.

Or, some salted roasted pistachios.

Occasionally, marinated green olives with capers and/or cheese and/or anchovies.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    cupcakes, just 1 instead of a dozen
  • JoannaC61210
    JoannaC61210 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Favorite splurge is rewarding myself once a week with frozen yogurt topped with any/all the toppings I feel like that day! Yum!
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, beer, and cheesecake. Sometimes all at once.

THIS!!!!!
  • raichhype
    raichhype Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sour cream and chive dip & tortilla chips ^_^
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Plantain chips, rum and coke, McVities Digestives (Original) or macadamia nuts
  • bythec42
    Options
    A perfectly made cosmo!!!
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Kamikaze
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Favorite splurge is rewarding myself once a week with frozen yogurt topped with any/all the toppings I feel like that day! Yum!

I have done this many times as well and love it! I just load it up and don't let it bother me;)
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Wine! :drinker:
  • annaowen67
    Options
    Franz Sweet Dark bread w/a little butter and topped with a strong cheese. I like either extra sharp white cheddar or gouda!