Blisters

Options
Hey guys,

I have a blister on my left heel from running. I'm training for a half-marathon, so I am pretty much running every day, which means I can't stop to wait until it heals. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can cover it up with, so it doesn't get worse (or hurt) while I run? And what I can do in the future to prevent any more from forming?

Replies

• Callistospiritor
    Options
    I use squishy socks to keep them from forming. You know the ones that seem very thick. They work well for me. Ummm I was told bandaids once on spots prone to blisters. But I haven't tried that one. Sadly keeping them from hurting. I have no idea

Good luck darling :)
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    A bandaid on the inside of your shoe where it rubs will provide a bit of extra cushioning to help prevent the blister from forming. Here in Australia you can get a product from Avon called a blister stick, which is best described as a lubricant stick. You put it on where you are getting the blisters and it helps prevent the friction. You can also get blister bandaids which provide cushioning and protection while the blister heals
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair from this place called Thorlo.com.

You should try it out if that's your kind thing because right now you can buy a pair for just shipping and they have socks padded differently for each sport.
  • KateGifford
    KateGifford Posts: 2,397 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking about socks. Glad to know that helps other people. Band aids don't really seem to work, though. They always fall off, even before I make it half a mile!