Couple of Qs.

Options
Hi guys! I'm somewhat new to MFP, having signed up early this year but have been terribly inconsistent with logging. I've been taking this more seriously recently & have been getting way too much conflicting information about fitness and diet so here are all my questions lumped into one entry :D

Dunno if this is necessary but here's some background:
- 22 years old.
- 54kgs / 170cm.
- 4-5 days at the gym.
- 20 minutes on cardio on all days alternating between a 10 minute speed walking (6kmh on the threadmill) with an incline of 3%; the other 10 minutes walking (could be anywhere between 5.0-5.6kmh) with a 5.5% incline.
- TL; DR - I aim to burn about 120 calories.
- I'm anaemic; I have very low haemoglobin levels so I was advised to stay off any intense aerobic activity.
- I go for at least 2 bodypump classes every week, been going 3 times for the past 2 weeks and hoping to keep it up.
- I don't take any protein shakes, supplements or vitamins; I have this irrational phobia of swallowing pills (including iron supplements hence the anaemia) :noway:

- Halfway into the chest track, my right shoulder rotator cuff gets pretty painful from benching [I do 2.5kg on each side] and it's pretty annoying not being able to keep up. I square my shoulders, have both shoulder blades touching the step, arms are wide on the bar and when they come down, they only just graze the step. What am I doing wrong? Why is it that only the right side is hurting?

- Threadmill first then Bodypump or the other way around?

- I find that if I have a full breakfast (different food everyday - 400 calories on MFP), I don't get hungry AT ALL. I'll have a light lunch of maybe half a sandwich but that's just eating for the sake having consistent meals. I then hit the gym, burn about 400 calories from cardio + Bodypump & have at least 1.2l of water. Still not hungry after all that and I sometimes skip dinner. Should I keep having heavy breakfasts or should I have a lighter one so that my meals thereafter are more consistent?

- Are we meant to eat back the calories burnt from working out?

- I spent 15 minutes doing ab workouts; 2x50 reps of crunches, oblique crunches, toe touches, Russian twists etc. Are these log worthy?

- cheat days; do you guys go all out?

I have couple more but can't remember now haha. Muchisimas gracias in advance amigos! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

You can buy tonics with iron in them from the chemist, if you can't stand to swallow pills.

Have you been to the doctor about your anaemia? It's probably a good idea to, if you haven't.

Can I ask how many calories you are eating a day?
  • missbrendalynn
    missbrendalynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Tonic, noted. Will definitely check it out! Thank you!

I discovered I was anaemic when I attempted to donate blood. Went to the clinic with the intention to give my blood but been told that I myself, needed a blood transfusion :huh:

I try to eat 1200 calories a day :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Uh, you're 5'6", weigh a bit under 120 lbs and are trying to lose another 10 lbs eating 1200 calories? Just for those who don't understand the metric system and are making comments.

Yes, eat back your exercise calories and probably some extra on top of that!