30 Day Shred

Options
My current workout plan consists of 5-6, 60 minute walks per week, 1-2 yoga workouts, and 1-2 strength tranining workouts (DVD).

Last night I did 30 Day Shred for first time in a long time. I finished but was BRO-KEN!!
I used 5lb weights. Is that a good starting point and has anyone competed 30 Days with noticeable results? May do this for 30 days leading up to vacation to Mexico at end of October.

I have a long way to go on my fit journey but would like to tone arms and legs as much as possible before we are beach bound.

Replies

• Breena_Bean5
    Breena_Bean5 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm on L2 of the 30 Day Shred. I've always used 5lb weights. I've lost almost 20lbs, but I've been dieting for almost a couple months now. I do 30DS 5 days a week with Saturday and Sunday as my rest days.
  • dawnabon45
    dawnabon45 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm starting level 2 today. I've done level 1 eleven times now - I started on September 1. I'm doing two days of shred, cardio, two days of shred, rest. I haven't lost any weight but I am visibly smaller around my waist (wish I had taken measurements) and my legs are firmer. We'll see if I survive the level 2 today! I'm sure if I had been more diligent with my tracking, I would have lost weight. But it's definitely a good program. I use five-pound weights and switch to eight for some of the exercises (the row, the bicep curls).
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    There is a results thread on here for 30 DS many people got wonderful results in 30 days!
  • Rkthach
    Rkthach Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I JUST started 30 day shred. Previously was doing Hip Hop Abs. I plan on 30 day 3 days a week, walking 60 min 2 days a week, and then something on Saturdays with Sundays being my rest days. I also try to do 30 min of yoga in the am.
  • ccarew77
    ccarew77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies - thanks so much for your input!
    I am definitely feeling it in my arms and legs today. All good signs that I am working parts that need some work. :)
    I will check out the results threat for sure!
  • R_Bedard
    R_Bedard Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am on day 17 of 30 day shred. I have been doing it every night. My plan for the video is 10 days L1, 10 days L2, 10 days L3 and then take 2-3 days off and restart. I have lost 8lbs already. (Mind you, I am also going to my gym at least 3 days a week and eating healthy)
  • pamshepard12
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred and where can I view it?
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You can view the 30 day shred on you tube. It is by Jillian Michaels.
    I am starting L3 today. I only used 2 lb. weights. Maybe I should get some 5 lbs.
    I thought I was going to die when I first started. I had not worked out in over a decade. Even the jumping jacks were tough.
    Now I feel much stronger and I don't feel like hurting Jillian anymore! I hated her at the beginning of level 1!
    I have lost maybe 5 pounds since I started. My jeans fit much better and I feel much better.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I've done30 DS and seen results.

I've started with a trainer, she's impressed with my amazing squat technique, I told her I learned it from 30 DS. She said I'm not the first person whose told her that.
  • wanabthinagain
    Options
    My current workout plan consists of 5-6, 60 minute walks per week, 1-2 yoga workouts, and 1-2 strength tranining workouts (DVD).

Last night I did 30 Day Shred for first time in a long time. I finished but was BRO-KEN!!
    I used 5lb weights. Is that a good starting point and has anyone competed 30 Days with noticeable results? May do this for 30 days leading up to vacation to Mexico at end of October.

I have a long way to go on my fit journey but would like to tone arms and legs as much as possible before we are beach bound.

I completed the 30 DS and seen results. There was a huge difference in how I felt, and the way my clothes fit! Stick with it, i think u will really like the results. I also used 5ib. weights. I was actually considering starting it again, i have to see if my knee can handle it. Good luck!
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Question: What do you enter into the exercise journal for 30 day shred? Is it high impact aerobics? I plan on starting Level 1 on Monday, and I am unsure what to enter. Thx!
  • wanabthinagain
    Options
    Question: What do you enter into the exercise journal for 30 day shred? Is it high impact aerobics? I plan on starting Level 1 on Monday, and I am unsure what to enter. Thx!

Most log it as circuit training
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • wanabthinagain
    Options
    You're welcome :smile:
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I think I might peep this

bump
  • k1214
    k1214 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of starting too - can someone tell me what kind of equipement I need? Just the wieghts, right? And how big of a space do I need?
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Try a topic search. There must be 1000 30DS threads... mostly recommending the program.

Wear a HRM while training for truly accurate calorie burns, and log it in whatever category you want to call it (you can even make up one)
  • SpunkiMama
    SpunkiMama Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I really want to join this thread, if most everyone here is just beginning the 30's days..then I can go side by side with someone else, which encourages me to hav a virtual buddy :)

I will begin Today!!
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of starting too - can someone tell me what kind of equipement I need? Just the wieghts, right? And how big of a space do I need?

I think the only real equipment you NEED is a TV and space in front of the TV. A floor mat would be nice...
  • k1214
    k1214 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks Phildog! I have an odd furniture set up so as long as I don't need a big space, I should be good to go :)