Chocolate Protein Recipes

Options
AprilKill
AprilKill Posts: 47 Member
Anyone has any good Chocolate Protein recips? I have a really good protein powder, Trutein Chocolate Truffle. I have been having the basic shake: Protein Power, Banana, Peanut Butter, and Water.....and that is really good to me

Just wanted to see if there were anymore good options before I get burnt out on this flavor/taste...

Replies

• strongmindstrongbody
    Options
    I used to make protein brownies. Basically just swapping some of the flour for protein powder. Not as much protein per calorie as guzzling the powder in shake, but it's a nice change-up from time to time. Sometimes I'll mix chocolate protein powder and flaxseed in greek yogurt. Gives it a nutty, chocolatey flavor.

I don't know if this would work with chocolate powder, but I blend strawberries & cream protein powder with a few frozen strawberries and 1/4 cup of spinach (and water, lol). It comes out really good and I don't taste the spinach.
  • AprilKill
    Options
    I like the protein brownie idea, I will see what Strawberries and chocolate protein taste like, sounds good with me just typing it...lol
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i like using poweder half a banana half a tablespoon of peanut butter a cup of 2percent (or skim) milk. its pretty good to me
  • gretchiepoo
    Options
    I mix protein powder, coconut oil (I like Nutiva) nuts, and raw coconut flakes together into 'balls' and freeze them. It's like a treat. :)
  • Italianma7
    Italianma7 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmm..... strawberries and chocolate two of my favs! :tongue:
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Frozen raspberries work great too and I always add fresh spinach which you really can't taste at all. I was told that spinach is great for your skin, but don't know for sure ...can't hurt.
  • AprilKill
    Options
    Mine to, going to the store right after work! and Give that one a try
  • AnsiStar
    AnsiStar Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Any recipe I give you would just be a derivitive of one from here:
    http://www.proteinpow.com/

Have fun :)
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    1 scoop powder
    1 scoop oats
    1 scoop water
    1 egg

mix and cook like a big pancake
  • izWHATitIz
    izWHATitIz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If you like cottage cheese try this.

1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 scoop protien powder
    1/4 packet of chocolate pudding mix
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    2 tsp of sweetner of choice

place in blender. blend until smooth. yummy Protien Pudding!

one like the below or like the bullet ones work best. (no affiliation with Amazon)

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-51101B-Personal-Blender/dp/B0017XHSAE/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1379610785&sr=1-2
  • Katestars
    Katestars Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just had strawberries, chocolate protein powder and almond milk for breakfast this morning. It tasted like a chocolate strawberry shake. Yum! :)