Do you reward yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options

I've never really understood this concept of "rewarding" oneself with material things for doing something that you're just supposed to do anyway.

Actually i was never "supposed" to do anything i am achieving... i was "supposed" to be wheel chair bound and dependent on medication...
    So if i am proud of myself for really pushing myself on a run or during a lifting session ... you can bet i am going to reward myself with a new workout song for 99cents

@cwolfman13:
    tumblr_lptvgdIYVh1qk82m8o1_500.jpg
  • ky_pry
    ky_pry Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    For every pound I lose per week I put $2 in an envelope. When I get to the half way mark I will be able to go shopping for fun.

This is a great idea!!!!
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I do but no longer with food! When I lost 150 pounds, I bought myself a Dooney & Burke purse and a Bulova watch! :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

I've never really understood this concept of "rewarding" oneself with material things for doing something that you're just supposed to do anyway.

Actually i was never "supposed" to do anything i am achieving... i was "supposed" to be wheel chair bound and dependent on medication...
    So if i am proud of myself for really pushing myself on a run or during a lifting session ... you can bet i am going to reward myself with a new workout song for 99cents

That's awesome...but I think you're taking my words out of context though. Aren't we all supposed to eat a healthy and well balanced diet? Aren't we all supposed to get our fitness on, however we can manage that? Or am I missing something here...I guess we'er all supposed to eat like **** and do nothing but give ourselves a slap on the *kitten* for eating some broccoli...

Again, awesome...I love when people, including myself can go above and beyond and achieve things unimaginable...I just think basic nutrition and fitness is something everyone SHOULD be doing anyway is all.
  • ky_pry
    ky_pry Posts: 13 Member
    Options

That's awesome...but I think you're taking my words out of context though. Aren't we all supposed to eat a healthy and well balanced diet? Aren't we all supposed to get our fitness on, however we can manage that? Or am I missing something here...I guess we'er all supposed to eat like **** and do nothing but give ourselves a slap on the *kitten* for eating some broccoli...

Again, awesome...I love when people, including myself can go above and beyond and achieve things unimaginable...I just think basic nutrition and fitness is something everyone SHOULD be doing anyway is all.

You are totally right, we all SHOULD do it....
    However, here in America, we are not always raised to eat right.... Or we may have grown up with poor parents that couldn't afford healthy food so junk food is what we have always eaten.... Healthy lifestyles are a choice now a days. It's much CHEAPER and EASIER to eat unhealthy and it's much easier to sit on our couches and play video games or chat with people on FB. See, I myself was raised by a single mother that wasn't informed on "healthy" eating or "healthy" lifestyles and was also at the lower end of the income bracket while I was being raised for most of the time that I was being raised. So I of course thought as long as I was eating my fried piece of chicken and the fried potatoes and the canned (with a ton of butter to make them edible) vegetables, and finished the plate, that I was eating healthy. So, I passed that onto my children for the first three quarters of their lives..... Until I started getting sick at the age of 30. Since then, after a ton of reading, research, and talks with doctors, have started buying healthy food, have started cooking healthy food, and started exercising and encouraging my children to get a lot of exercise.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a Michael Kors purse & plan on buying used designer clothing when I hit lower weights.