Compression workout clothing?

Options
Do any of you wear compression workout clothing when working out? Do you wear it under your workout clothes or as your workout clothes? Does it make you sweat or more warm than usual? I don't have any and was wondering about it.
Any info on it would be great! I am afraid it would make me sweat more than I already do during my workouts!
Thanks!

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    My compression workout clothes are my workout clothes. I'm not going to wear more clothes when I don't have to. It's actually cooler for me. Why do you think you would sweat more than usual?
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    My compression workout clothes are my workout clothes. I'm not going to wear more clothes when I don't have to. It's actually cooler for me. Why do you think you would sweat more than usual?

Because of what it is made of and that is tighter clothing than I usually wear to work out in. Worried about all my loose skin and cellulite being seen too if I don't wear anything over it. I didn't know if the material let your skin breath. New Balance has a sale on theirs but most of the size small stuff is gone. Wondering if I could wear the youth size. I wear size 4 pants and size small to and am 5'4".
  • micheleb15
    Options

Because of what it is made of and that is tighter clothing than I usually wear to work out in. Worried about all my loose skin and cellulite being seen too if I don't wear anything over it. I didn't know if the material let your skin breath. New Balance has a sale on theirs but most of the size small stuff is gone. Wondering if I could wear the youth size. I wear size 4 pants and size small to and am 5'4".

All of my compression pants and capris are the Target C9 brand and I love them. Very light weight and comfortable. My compression shorts are Under Armour. My tops are all Old Navy or UA.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    My compression wear is used as undergarments.
  • spfldpam
    Options
    Thanks for the info. My other issue is how hard it is to get them on and then after workout!?!? I guess I should just go to a brick and mortor store and try some on first to see if I would even like them before ordering some online?
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Do any of you wear compression workout clothing when working out? Do you wear it under your workout clothes or as your workout clothes? Does it make you sweat or more warm than usual? I don't have any and was wondering about it.
    Any info on it would be great! I am afraid it would make me sweat more than I already do during my workouts!
    Thanks!

I wear them all the time when working out and they do not make me sweat more than normal in fact they wick away the moisture and make it more comfortable for me.
  • micheleb15
    Options
    Thanks for the info. My other issue is how hard it is to get them on and then after workout!?!? I guess I should just go to a brick and mortor store and try some on first to see if I would even like them before ordering some online?

Go to a store and try them on if you think you will have issues with them. They are form fitting, and it's just like putting on any other pair of pants, probably easier because they stretch - same after a workout, they aren't like jeans that are hard to get off when they get wet. I honestly live in mine all year; they are that comfy.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I wear Champion brand work out tights. I don't wear any other shorts over them, don't see a need. What is the difference between these and "compression" clothes? They hold everything in nice and tight. Do you just wear shorts and a t-shirt and you are looking for something that is tighter? If so, hit up Target and try on their Champions
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    All of my compression wear is UA and I have to go a size up because of how tight it is. I would try on some before buying online. Also when I wear it it’s the only thing I wear. I don’t ever layer over top of it. It doesn’t make me any hotter or colder than anything else IMHO. I love my compression wear because I love very tight workout clothes that don’t move or get in my way.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yes!
    I bought my first pair of compression pants last year and never went back to my other workout clothes. I don't wear them under other clothes, I just use them alone. Love them!

21525558.png
  • tiffsanta
    Options
    I love the yoga pants I got from Costco, by maidenform, I also have regular yoga pants, when I'm feeling like I'm going to do anything that would cause movement (of my gut) I wear the tighter yoga pants....when I wear just cotton comfy stuff I sit on the exercise bike and half *kitten* it. I say try some compression clothes and see if it gives you more confidence in your workouts (unless that's just me LOL)
  • figueirt
    figueirt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Compression bra, compression shorts, short compression socks (sometimes long, depending on the run). I wear mine under my workout clothes, but plenty wear them as workout clothes. Nothing wrong with that at all. They are comfortable and as previously mentioned, they wick away moisture. If they become too moist, I usually pull them off inside out. I couldn't imagine working out without them. Easy to get on and off. Plus they keep all the little jiggly parts from not jiggling...
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    OK folks, I am thinking of them for daily wear in place of shapers, so I would love opinions on that. My thighs have a lot of empty, loose skin as do my upper arms and frankly any movement I make looks like a wave. I think it's gross when this happens. Also, I have to buy a size bigger than my tummy and waist need to accomodate those places, so thought compression wear would allow me to wear truer to size. Thoughts?
  • spfldpam
    Options
    I wear Champion brand work out tights. I don't wear any other shorts over them, don't see a need. What is the difference between these and "compression" clothes? They hold everything in nice and tight. Do you just wear shorts and a t-shirt and you are looking for something that is tighter? If so, hit up Target and try on their Champions

Google compression workout clothing and you can read what the difference is. They are made to help the body recover quicker from workouts by stimulating blood cirulation from what I have read plus as others have said they keep all the jiggly parts from moving!
    I current just wear tops and workout tights or yoga pants to workout in. I am sure my bat wing upper arm movements while on the ellpitical is scary looking to others ! LOL! I wonder if I could take flight if I wasn't holding onto the moving elliptical arms?!?! :)
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I originally bought compression shorts for just working out, but after how comfortable they felt, I made the switch completely. I now wear compression shorts with everything I wear. Under Armour said it right on the packaging for their compression shorts with "You'll never wear regular underwear again."
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I wear UA and Nike Pro Fit compression wear. I do wear shorts over my compression shorts......
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just got a couple pieces on sale from Old Navy (take that for what it's worth, idk if their active clothes even count lol) but so far I really like them! They are way comfier and easier to move in than the loungy/sweats I was wearing. I don't have to constantly pull them up, readjust, pick wedgies, etc lol My only complaint is the chest area - the inward and downward squashing is a little intense. They do seem to keep me cooler, or at least the waterfall of sweat that normally trickles down my back is less noticeable in the tighter clothing. I'll definitely be getting more!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    When wearing compression shorts, I use them as undergarments. As for compression shirts it's the only layer at home , but elsewhere I wear a shirt over it (cotton or dri-weave).
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rlinaresv
    Options
    Hi this is actually interesting, I also use Nike Pro fit and Under armour compression shirts. They are absolutely amazing for working out. Even for running they don't hurt my nipples cause of course they are tight. I do notice however I sweat more, but they definitely keep you cool.
    Cheers