10 days in, not hungry but definitely grumpy

Options
Hi, I've been a non starter here for some time but about 10 days ago I said "enough" and I'm doing this.
I haven't had a hard time with the food, I've ramped up the exercise, but I'm sure grumpy. Anybody else find this? What solutions did you find? Thanks!!

Replies

• lilmsmisses
    Options
    I'd like to get info on this also :-)
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    hmm good question......i think I was grumpy before too so I guess nothings changed except i'm a skinnier healthier grump :huh:
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    eFq6ny2.gif

Seriously, you might be experiencing some withdrawal symptoms, especially if you cut back on sugar.

Or you may simply be hungry, which might be making you grouchy.
  • KimP202
    KimP202 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    thank you! I didn't think withdrawal at this point. I thought that would just be in the first few days.

Keep calm and carry on!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I had a peek at your diary. There are some days when you have a large deficit because of lots of exercising. Are these the days when you are grumpy? If so, you may be hungry and need to perhaps "eat back" some of those exercise calories.

How much are you set to lose in a week? Perhaps it's too much? Maybe set your goal to lose 1 lb a week for awhile if your current goal is above this? It'll give you a chance to ease into your new lifestyle.
  • KimP202
    Options
    Thank you Plexgut. Yes, you are right. I am working through high and lo exercise days. I'm hoping to use some of high excercise day calories on the lo day so I can eat with routine.

I did set my goal at one pound per week, and then some of the 'wow I'm on the plan excitement' takes over the brain!

It's funny, you put off the new plan until tomorrow, tomorrow, and the one day, it is tomorrow. Right now I'm very excited about the journey, and at the same time scared I won't be able to keep to the plan.

I appreciate your input, all input, and enjoy reading the community comments, and seeing success.
    thank you.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this since January, and sometimes I still have "grumpy" days. I think that's just my brain going "Are we done yet? Can we go back to eating ice cream all day and playing video games?" :P

I find that if I do have a grumpy day, a light workout helps. Or even having a favorite treat of mine (as long as it's within goal) to remind myself that I'm human and that I should be enjoying this process. I mention that because you said you're worried about this not being sustainable; the key to success here is to set yourself up for success from the get-go. Make sure you aren't overly restricting yourself, or exercising to the point of exhaustion constantly, because that's what makes this change feel like a "diet". Look at this process as a lifestyle change, not something temporary.

Best of luck!
  • KimP202
    Options
    thank you kyleekay10.

I appreciate the support. more than I expected. whew!

namaste.