Extra Exercise Calories not showing up

Options
DarleneMarie203
DarleneMarie203 Posts: 56 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi All!
Last night I exercised and burned 121 calories but, it's not showing up on my calories for today. After I logged in the calories that I burned last night I closed out my food and exercise diary for the day.
I am allowed 1740 calories a day why isn't it showing 1861 for today? The extra 121 calories I earned from exercise last night are not showing up.
Basically my total calorie intake didn't change with the exercise calories. Why?frown
HELP!
Thanks! smile

Replies

• lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    They went on yesterdays calories if they were entered yesterday.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    They went on yesterdays calories if they were entered yesterday.

^ This. Each day starts afresh.

HOWEVER, there is no rule that says you have to stay under your goal every day. If you were under your goal yesterday before exercising, then you can eat 121 calories over your goal today, and your average for the 2 days will still be at your goal.

I usually aim to balance my calories out over the course of a week, not necessarily every day. Since my exercise is usually 1-3 hour bike rides, which can burn 500-1500 calories, I will often have non-exercise days that are 100-200 calories over goal, then go under goal by a few hundred on exercise days. It all evens out in the end.
  • pauljsaunders
    Options
    That's right once you in past midnight then the counters reset.
    You'll get to grips with it eventually. Best of luck.
  • DarleneMarie203
    DarleneMarie203 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks everyone! Now I get it! Still new to this so, still learning.. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.