Help finding whey protein I like

Options
I have been struggling with finding a whey protein I like the taste of. I hate to use up all my daily carbs or calories on the protein bars, but so far that's the only thing I'm finding I "enjoy" the taste of. Even the smell of the stuff turns me off. Feeling bummed! :)

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Trutein Choc PB Cup or Optimum Nutrition Extreme Milk Chocolate.

Trutein will send you samples for free, just pay the shipping.
    http://www.truscience.com/samples.html
  • angel2783
    angel2783 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like the Jillian Michaels Natural Whey Protein Chocolate, you can get it at Wal-mart.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition brand is good stuff. Try Extreme Milk Chocolate or the cappuccino/latte/somethinghavingtodowithcoffee flavor. I get mine from bodybuilding.com, they usually throw coupons or freebies in the box and have really quick shipping.
  • StrictlyPro
    Options
    Can I go out on a limb and ask why you want to use protein powder instead of eating real food in the first place?
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have liked all the flavors from Optimum Nutrition - especially Chocolate Malt.
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be whey? The (organic) Nutiva Hempshakes are pretty tasty (when you first make them, I wouldn't recommend letting it sit too long or it gets a weird foamy texture) ...
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is what I like. Cake batter is really good with almond milk mixed in.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Can I go out on a limb and ask why you want to use protein powder instead of eating real food in the first place?

Ya, what are your macros, and how close are you getting before needing whey?
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Champion Nutrition Pure Whey Chocolate. Hunt around the web for best prices.
  • Becki38
    Becki38 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Jay Robb? I found it was great mixed with my almond milk or with coffee. Makes a thick shake, that doesnt leave a sickly sweet taste in my mouth.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I really like Nature's Best Isopure Zero Carb Whey Protein in Vanilla, Banana, and Strawberry. It also has an awesome Calorie to Protein ratio. :) It's a little expensive, but I think its worth it.
  • liz2512
    liz2512 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I really like the ones from them. http://theperfectfoodsco.com/ I've only had chocolate and vanilla and they are both good. I am really picky and if it doesn't taste good I won't drink it and these are the best I've found.
  • srosenthal1979
    srosenthal1979 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am seeing a physician who recommended shakes to me, in addition to "eating" my protein. But, at the same time, I am trying to lose the lbs so I want something relatively low in carbs and calories.

The macro question...now you've gone over my Protein IQ! :)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb Chocolate
  • dominiqueruns
    dominiqueruns Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Promasil protein powder is delicious, zero carb and 20g of protein per scoop!
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    try this one is real good and taste is awesome

Whey Tech Pro 24 Chocolate Mint

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=VS-2547
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've personally found that I like Allmax IsoNatural, unflavored and then I can add it to things without a taste and I can make my own flavors. I love vanilla, but find that I really dislike all those fake vanilla flavored protein powders. This powder also dissolves nicely without any grit.
  • mclgo
    mclgo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I use PURE PROTEIN or the Archer Farms (Target) brand.
    And here's the smoothie I make every morning all the ingredients are "to taste"

3/4 - 1 cup frozen berries
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1t ground flax
    1/3 cup fresh spinach
    ! scoop powder
    YUM!!!

Sometimes I add 1/2 a banana or 1T peanut butter.
  • stepplax
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey- Decent price, mixes perfectly, and double chocolate is extra yummy for me. Get mine from bodybuilding dot com along with everything else.
  • StrictlyPro
    Options
    I am seeing a physician who recommended shakes to me, in addition to "eating" my protein. But, at the same time, I am trying to lose the lbs so I want something relatively low in carbs and calories.

The macro question...now you've gone over my Protein IQ! :)

Family doctors are not the end all be all in nutritional and fitness advice. If you are wanting to lose weight, you would be much better off skipping the shakes and eating solid food. Eating 3 oz of skinless chicken breast (27g protein 0g carb 3g fat) will be about the same a a scoop of protein powder mixed with water and will keep you feeling full a lot longer and make it easier to consume fewer calories without feeling hungry. The same could be said for other lean meats.